Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Not another Greener Empire...!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Not another Greener Empire...!
      06/08/23 04:27 PM

Kicked a goal the other day when a casual log-in to one of the Aussie on-line firearm sites revealed a fairly rare variant of an otherwise common shotgun: an Empire-grade W.W.Greener 12-bore with a factory pistol-grip stock!

The vast majority of Empire Greeners are stocked with a "bag grip" or semi-pistol grip, apparently favored by the Prince of Wales and sometimes so-called, but not particularly favored by me!

Empires seem to breed in the back of my gunsafe, and despite selling the 'Fat Lady' I still have four of the long-bar Greeners, both E10 (pre-WWI) and E17 (post-war) grades, but even so I was on the phone immediately to attempt acquisition of the pistol-grip example.

Success!

These are two of the seller's photos, as I don't have the PTA yet, but was able to view the gun on Thursday when it arrived at my dealer. Can't believe how nice it is given the 72 years since its 1951 build.

Graham Greener states in his book that the E10 and E17 Empire guns were "inexpensive" grade, whereas those made later without such markings are "medium grade". Regardless, I am hanging out for the paperwork so I can bring this marvelous shotgun home!

If ever there was a perfect donor shotgun for a double rifle or bore-gun build, this is it!

But its far too nice to butcher! Maybe a 2-barrel set?

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Not another Greener Empire...! Marrakai 06/08/23 04:27 PM
. * * Re: Not another Greener Empire...! NitroXAdministrator   06/08/23 05:47 PM
. * * Re: Not another Greener Empire...! Marrakai   08/08/23 10:51 AM
. * * Re: Not another Greener Empire...! NitroXAdministrator   09/08/23 01:31 AM
. * * Re: Not another Greener Empire...! 93x64mm   09/08/23 06:20 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1209

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com