Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New bow

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

SAHUNT
Sponsor

Reged: 27/12/04
Loc: Centurion, RSA
Re: New bow
      14/09/05 04:35 AM

Hi JB,
I am lucky to also have a bow that can be set up to 80 lbs. The problem with our rules are that they are outdated. Untill 1992 you could not hunt Ele,Buff,both Rhinos, Hippo, Croc, Leopard, Lion or Girafe with a bow. Animals were then divided in catogaries with specifications on the bow and arrow weight and the type of broadheads that can be used. Certain certification was also needed, but this can become long if I go into all the detail. A further complication was that it was not taken up in the law, it was a policy. For Cat III animals they prescribed a bow of 80lbs (36kg) and an arrow of 700gr. What is needed now, is a revision of the policy, the technology has advanced so much over the last couple of years that the modern bow out performes the bows of 10 years ago. A new law was passed, but unfortuneately I haven't got it yet. A further complication is that every province got their own legislation, and they do differ quite a lot.

Luckilly the authorities are taking note of the rate at which bow hunting are expanding and that is very possitive.

--------------------
Life is how you pass the time between hunting trips.
Sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language, please forgive me, I am just a boertjie.
Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb.co.za
SA Hunting Experience

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New bow SAHUNT 10/09/05 02:50 AM
. * * Re: New bow larcher   10/09/05 07:56 PM
. * * Re: New bow SAHUNT   12/09/05 03:29 PM
. * * Re: New bow larcher   14/09/05 02:12 AM
. * * Re: New bow AspenHill   19/09/05 05:46 AM
. * * Re: New bow SAHUNT   14/09/05 04:35 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1888

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com