Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

FlatTop45
.300 member

Reged: 31/05/16
Loc: South Texas, U.S.A.
Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures
      25/01/23 01:43 PM

Very nice first generation Model P! There's just something about those black powder frames. One of the things about old Colt sixguns I love the most is that engraved or not, they have a ton of character. You don't have to be a gun enthusiast to see there is a certain mystique about them.....

I like what you have done with this one. I think having this particular Colt engraved in the style you've chosen while choosing to leave the existing finish and patina, instead of having it refinished, is brilliant! It seems to me that as this gun continues to age, all that new engraving will darken and patina and she'll grow even more beautiful. They way I see it, what you have done only enhances what was already there and really makes her stand out now.

Glad to hear you intend to use her as a shooter and will not be locking her away in the back of the gun safe. Good choice keeping the Gutta Percha grips too. Are they original to the gun? Which caliber is it?

J

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures buckstix 25/01/23 04:46 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures DarylS   25/01/23 05:05 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures FlatTop45   25/01/23 01:43 PM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures buckstix   25/01/23 09:24 PM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures 93x64mm   26/01/23 07:10 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures lancaster   26/01/23 10:23 PM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures DarylS   27/01/23 11:33 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures buckstix   28/01/23 07:36 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures DarylS   28/01/23 08:30 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures lancaster   28/01/23 04:56 PM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures lancaster   26/01/23 01:36 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures buckstix   28/01/23 05:57 AM
. * * Re: How to turn a "Sow's Ear" into a "Silk Purse" - see pictures DarylS   28/01/23 06:26 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2224

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com