Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New bow

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

SAHUNT
Sponsor

Reged: 27/12/04
Loc: Centurion, RSA
Re: New bow
      12/09/05 03:29 PM

JB,
I bought my son a Switchback in April and I was very impressed with it When I was decided which new bow to buy I looked at, LX, Outback, BlackMax and Swithback. I was amased by the smootness of the Switchback. I preciously had a Hoyt Intruder, which is also a very nice bow. I can set it up to 80lbs, which is better for dangerous game hunting.

I agree with you that you will be able to hunt all the animals except Ele with a bow of 70 lbs + and I recon for the dangerous ones you will need around 300 ft/s and a heavier arrow.

I have seen a video of a guy who shot an Eland with a Matthews which, if I remember correctly, was set to 54lbs, the arrow went clean through the animal.

Unfortuneately we have very outdated rules in RSA when it comes to dangerous animals, you must shoot them with a bow that draws 90lbs and they prescibe the arrow weight and the arrowhead. Mechanicals are not allowed. Fact is nobody abides by this ancient rules.

When hunting DG with a bow I will make sure that I have rifle back up, especially when following up on the animal

--------------------
Life is how you pass the time between hunting trips.
Sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language, please forgive me, I am just a boertjie.
Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb.co.za
SA Hunting Experience

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New bow SAHUNT 10/09/05 02:50 AM
. * * Re: New bow larcher   10/09/05 07:56 PM
. * * Re: New bow SAHUNT   12/09/05 03:29 PM
. * * Re: New bow larcher   14/09/05 02:12 AM
. * * Re: New bow AspenHill   19/09/05 05:46 AM
. * * Re: New bow SAHUNT   14/09/05 04:35 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1888

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com