Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: This case is inherently accurate

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: This case is inherently accurate
      02/08/22 05:44 AM

Quote:

John,

I believe you raise a good point. Probably everyone has an opinion.

I believe that your comments about the actual case are absolutely correct. I think that attributes such as barrel harrmonics, smoothness, twist rate, quality of chambering, action stiffnedd, stock design, mating of barrel to action, sights, trigger, shooter, bench system, bullet selection, propellant, quality of case preparation and loading affect accuracy more than the actual case.

I would thing that a high end rifle manufacturer could build an extremely accurate rifle using virtually any case, provided that the ammunitin is prepared and loaded like match ammunition. If the case is either belted or rimmed, the rifle can be chambered so that the case seats pn the shoulder, minimizing any variations in rim or belt.

Now, there may be some cases that are easier to wring out accuracy.

Now, that being said, if we look at the combination of rifle, case, and available ammunition as a system identified by a case, then there are more accurate cases. The 6.5 Creedmore may be one. I beilve that what we look at is the overall rifle and cartridge system.

Any comments?

-
I Agree with most stated.. IT all adds up.. "Barrel harrmonics, smoothness, twist rate, quality of chambering, action stiffnedd, stock design, mating of barrel to action, sights, trigger, shooter, bench system, bullet selection, propellant, quality of case preparation and loading affect accuracy more than the actual case"

I do believe case design does also add to accuracy.. belted vs non.. degree of shoulder, length of neck, circumference of case to length, etc.. I remember people hand wringing for years because the 300Win's neck was "technically too short".. IS that NOT case design? Also remember when the "SHORT" magnums came to be, how it was stated this provided a more uniformed column burn within the case..IS this not case design?? If it doesn't matter then why has this short fat case turned in such incredible accuracy for a very long time. Namely the 6.5GAP 4S..

To many examples proving case design does matter..

Some calibers are just super easy to load for and get to shoot accurately.. is it just case design? Maybe not "just".. but it certainly helps..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* This case is inherently accurate NitroXAdministrator 01/08/22 12:45 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate 85lc   01/08/22 02:25 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate Ripp   02/08/22 05:44 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate NitroXAdministrator   07/08/22 01:16 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate cooch   08/08/22 12:09 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate 85lc   08/08/22 02:27 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate cooch   08/08/22 06:59 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate Ripp   04/08/22 05:21 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate Ripp   06/08/22 12:19 PM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate 93x64mm   01/08/22 06:22 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate DoubleD   01/08/22 07:32 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate 260rem   01/08/22 10:20 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate NitroXAdministrator   07/08/22 12:53 AM
. * * Re: This case is inherently accurate Rule303   01/08/22 08:52 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2268

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com