Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

boxlockexcelsior
.224 member

Reged: 20/01/22
Loc: United States
Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun
      26/01/22 06:39 PM

The book is on the way...Also emailed preferred barrel blanks. They said that they can turn custom barrel blanks to fit the inner diameter of my specific barrels for ~ USD $295 a piece. They can also thread the muzzles, crown the barrels and create muzzle caps for an additional $80 a piece. I don't think this is too bad, considering the man hours usually required to turn something like a barrel down on a lathe & threading. Also, I wanted to be involved in the conversion, but cutting the man hours this way seems pragmatic. The only thing is, they need a schematic of the inner diameter of the barrels. I was thinking of doing a plaster or plastic mold of the i.d. then, measuring the mold/s. I wish there was an old blueprint online, like at Numrich's that would tell me the exact taper. Because, the bore goes from about the extreme of 15/16 at the breech to 13/16 at the muzzle. I probably should contact Mr. little bespoke gunmaker also, as he has assuredly already ran into these problems. I also, have an old Boito that has relatively the same dimensions I could test chamber pressures on, after headspace reaming, and I don't mind it blowing up before the final proofing on the Stevens.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun boxlockexcelsior 23/01/22 07:57 PM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun NitroXAdministrator   25/01/22 05:38 PM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun boxlockexcelsior   26/01/22 06:39 PM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun 260rem   26/01/22 06:46 PM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun Wayne59   27/01/22 11:48 AM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun boxlockexcelsior   04/02/22 07:40 PM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun 260rem   23/01/22 09:18 PM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun crshelton   24/01/22 03:09 AM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun DarylS   24/01/22 04:40 AM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun crshelton   24/01/22 06:13 AM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun 3DogMike   25/01/22 09:00 AM
. * * Re: shotgun double rifle conversion + donor gun DarylS   25/01/22 02:49 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1872

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com