Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Tom_H
.333 member

Reged: 13/04/05
Loc: Southeast, NY
Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading
      07/01/22 01:48 PM

So I shot it.

It takes 75 to 80gr of fff to cover the top of the pillar (thank you Daryl).

With that load it is potent to say the least but I noticed a few things.

Apparently it handles round ball well, shooting slightly high at 50ft with the low rear sight.

Strangely it also shoots to the left by around 1.5" consistently.

Would the inertia of a conical cause it to shoot to the right? The sights are fixed so I can't imagine the point of impact changing in the last 180 years.

Also, if you look at the pics, the rear sight has two positions. If this thing is shooting high at 25 yards, the high position on the rear sight is nearly .300 greater on the 11" sight radius. That adds up to a 17" correction at that range.
What could that sight setting possibly be for?

Curious as to your thoughts.

Tom

--------------------
Carbonation without fermentation is tyranny

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H 02/01/22 02:18 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading DarylSModerator   02/01/22 03:09 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H   02/01/22 11:57 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading 93x64mm   03/01/22 08:18 AM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading DarylSModerator   03/01/22 08:37 AM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading 260rem   03/01/22 09:26 AM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H   07/01/22 01:47 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H   07/01/22 01:48 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1282

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com