Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE
      21/08/21 02:18 PM

Quote:

I especially appreciate this section.
"
Tips: Selecting Riflescopes

Be careful not to purchase too much magnification. Too much power can lead you to believe an animal is within range when, in fact, it is too far away for a responsible shot. High magnification scopes are heavier and, because of their large front lens diameter, they must be mounted higher on the rifle. The higher the magnification, the smaller the area that you can see through the scope (field of view). This can lead to an embarrassing situation if you leave the scope on high magnification when hunting. You may be so close to an animal that at high power all you see is hair.

You don't need a variable scope. A fixed 4-power scope will help you place the shot in the vital zone. Fixed power riflescopes are less expensive than variable scopes and often more reliable. If you want a variable scope, select one with 6- to 8-power for the high end of magnification. Variables such as 1.5-6 or 1-8 have a wide fields of view that allow for quick and accurate shots at close range."

I personally believe those power ranges suggested depends on what you are hunting. Or if you are target shooting, your choice may differ.

When hunting p-dogs for instance.. and attempting shots on them 400+ yards.. 8 power may work but 16 will work better.. I have used a 4-14 power range for over 20 years for most of my hunting. Personally I find that perfect for what and where I hunt such as mule deer or pronghorn .. Africa, different story.. prefer a 1-6 and is what is on most of my African rifles..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE Ripp 20/08/21 07:06 AM
. * * Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE 93x64mm   20/08/21 08:43 AM
. * * Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE Rod4861   20/08/21 03:24 PM
. * * Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE Ripp   21/08/21 01:42 AM
. * * Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE DarylS   21/08/21 03:11 AM
. * * Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE Ripp   21/08/21 02:18 PM
. * * Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE Rule303   20/08/21 07:44 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1379

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com