Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

HeymSR20
.300 member

Reged: 23/11/11
Loc: Scotland
Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK
      22/06/21 10:48 AM

Quote:

Yes, wow!
I assume Holt's will loose a lot of revenue from EU clients as procedure for buying from Holt's are now more complex and really more expensive:
- I have bought a lot from Holt's until the Brexit happened; very good auction company and very easy import process then.
- Now that the UK has left the EU the import process will be burdensome in terms of additional paperwork required and really more expensive because of side costs. All items not originating from the EU will be charged with VAT when imported into the EU, and even for those imported from the EU before auction, they will be charged VAT once re-imported (unless rare cases where re-export country will be the same than import country) and buyer will have to claim VAT back from his government i.e. loads of paperwork and potential for headache.
The days of easy and cost palatable sales with Holt's are gone but by chance there are many other professional auction houses left in the EU!
Louis

Yup, BoJo promised that Brexit means we can trade with everyone with minimal hassle and paperwork. In reality it is an utter disaster where if we want to send fresh sausages to other parts of our own country - ie Northern Ireland we need extensive vetinery certificates. Just about every single business and sector has been badly affected. And there are no winners.

But I suspect with auctions where often the objects are of limited availability there will still be overseas buyers, but the pricing in their bids to include the hassle factor and costs, and this will have an effect on pricing. Be interesting to see how well these auctions actually do.

Perhaps we could auction off the Westminster government, and we will throw in the Scottish one for free!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK NitroXAdministrator 20/06/21 05:09 AM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK 85lc   20/06/21 07:37 AM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK 93x64mm   20/06/21 07:57 AM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK Louis   20/06/21 09:58 PM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK HeymSR20   22/06/21 10:48 AM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK NitroXAdministrator   22/06/21 06:50 PM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK NitroXAdministrator   20/06/21 10:33 PM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK NitroXAdministrator   21/06/21 01:03 AM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK NitroXAdministrator   21/06/21 01:05 AM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK 85lc   21/06/21 01:40 AM
. * * Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK NitroXAdministrator   21/06/21 02:06 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2558

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com