Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Video: Lion fights back

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Video: Lion fights back
      02/08/05 11:30 AM

You've got that right! A couple of years ago while in South Africa, I let it be known that a monster Kudu was on my "wish list". I was told by my P.H. that he had permission to hunt a large farm that was known to have large Kudu, but if I shot one over 58", the trophy fee was $500.00 higher than normal. I agreed to check it out. The ranch was about an hour and a half drive from where we were based, and decided to hunt this "hot spot" the next afternoon. We arrived at the ranch around 1:30 and spent about 2 hours driveing around the property, and also doing a little still hunting. The property had plenty of cover and lots of water available. We saw a few average Kudu, and a couple of very nice Impala. Around 4:00 my P.H. told me he thought it would be a good idea to set up in a ground blind near a large opening. We set up, and a short time later I heard the sound of a tractor starting. and a couple of minutes later it appeared to be heading in our general direction. Soon the tractor appeared, being driven by one of the black farm hands. It stopped in the middle of the clearing we were watching, and the farm hand got off the tractor, and unloaded 4 or 5 bags of feed which he then opened, and dumped, in a previously unseen by me, feed trough. The farm hand got back on the tractor and drove back to the barn. Within 10 minutes there were 20 - 25 Kudu eating at the trough. A couple of them were over 60". I took a couple of photos, got up and started walking back to the truck. My P.H. asked me what was wrong, and I told him that perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I wanted a monster Kudu, but I wanted to hunt it, not just shoot it, now get me the hell out of here. He was absolutely stunned that I wouldn't shoot a Kudu of a lifetime, but the way this was conducted just aint my style.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Video: Lion fights back EzineAdministrator 27/12/04 04:01 AM
. * * Re: Video: Lion fights back nitro476   02/08/05 09:59 AM
. * * Re: Video: Lion fights back mikeh416Rigby   02/08/05 11:30 AM
. * * Re: Video: Lion fights back ALAN_MCKENZIE   02/08/05 11:06 PM
. * * Re: Video: Lion fights back mikeh416Rigby   03/08/05 01:44 AM
. * * Re: Video: Lion fights back mikeh416Rigby   10/02/05 12:02 PM
. * * Re: Video: Lion fights back larcher   11/02/05 06:33 AM
. * * Re: Video: Lion fights back mraven   10/02/05 10:23 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2594

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com