Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead
      03/03/21 05:02 AM

Good shooting Bob.
It had a wooden red circle for the heart - had to hit the heart to win. A fund raiser for the families of those men who lost their lives in a raft trip down the Stamp, I think, in Oregon on the way to the Long bow Safari.$1.00 a shot.
Taylor and I loosed about $40.00 or $50.00 of arrows each at that elk. Kept shooting over it. Lots of wind - difficult to judge for sure. There were not many arrows over that elk. We were both shooting Howard Hill bows, his the 64# and mine the 74# Tembo. Lost sight of the arrows and couldn't see where they were landing, to make adjustments. All North American Long Bow Safari competitions are shot with broadheads and wooden shafts. No field or target points allowed.
The shot commemorated Howard Hill's shot on the elk in Yellowstone in his film. 185 yards. His first shot over, second shot landed between it's legs, it kicked that arrow with a hind leg. The third arrow was through it's heart.
110 pound longbow "Grampa".
The next longbow safari I attended was Brownsville, Oregon where Tracy and I bought Fox Bows, and the next after that, was Sooke, B.C. on Vanvouver Island.
My wife Tracy placed 5th highest score overall out of 120 archers and 1st in the Women's competition, winning that one by 179 points over second place. She beat me by 74 points & Taylor, by 112. I think that was the first time I ever beat him. She shot like a machine overall, hitting the 95 yard laying down bull elk in the very centre of the sweet spot X ring, centre of the "5" area.
Ron Fox built her a bow for using one of his to win. She had bought that first 48# Fox bow at Brownsville from Ron. She had a dry fire on the new bow he made for her, due to a broken nock, so he built her another, a 36# target longbow. What a guy! At that time, she was B.C. champ.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead Ripp 02/03/21 07:23 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead Rule303   05/03/21 04:17 PM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead aromakr   07/03/21 02:34 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead Rule303   07/03/21 11:00 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead DarylS   07/03/21 01:19 PM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead aromakr   08/03/21 04:58 PM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead JHeath   12/10/21 11:28 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead DarylS   07/03/21 04:54 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead DarylS   02/03/21 08:06 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead aromakr   02/03/21 10:34 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead DarylS   02/03/21 01:12 PM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead Louis   02/03/21 07:50 PM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead Ripp   03/03/21 02:01 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead aromakr   03/03/21 02:33 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead Ripp   03/03/21 04:11 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead DarylS   03/03/21 05:02 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead Ripp   03/03/21 10:33 PM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead aromakr   05/03/21 01:44 AM
. * * Re: Grizzly the old fashion way..Long bow and stone pt arrowhead DarylS   05/03/21 05:45 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3436

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com