Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mountain Lion Problems..

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Mountain Lion Problems..
      02/02/21 04:08 AM

Quote:

Do mountain lions pose a threat to your children at all?

I would imagine they do pose some threat to younger children if encountered and a hungry cat.

What about adults?

Do mountain lions ever purposefully hunt humans? Or as with some big cats, humans are avoided but might be a prey of convenience or opportunity at rare times?

I would imagine, a mountain lion would generally avoid humans. But if they are hunting so close to human habitation .... ?

I am sure pet dogs would be a prime mountain lion prey animal. Just like leopard in Africa and Asia.

Are there any historical or modern accounts or recordings of maneater mountain lions?

As to wolves, when I stayed with Sville in Sweden who was living then at his house in a forest, he was concerned about his daughter having to walk some 5 or 7 kms or bicycle, along a forest road to get to a bus stop. And that the increasingly breeding up wo0lf population might be a risk to children. A problem right out of history, and "dark" forest stories. But a modern problem with introduced wolves and protection.

Agree with DRACB--similar here as to experience..

YES, they do post a potential threat to young children.. however in the 31+ years of living here in Montana or my prior life in N Dakota..no of no child killed by one..and there are plenty of lions around..I see sign of them all the time I am out and about..just don't actually see them ...

Mtn lions do love house cats.. we have a friend who lost 3 in a couple weeks to one..

In all the time I have been out in the wild, I have only seen 3 ..other than the ones we treed with dogs..

A lot of times when they come lower like this its younger cats moving into their areas.. plus we have had low snow fall so makes it harder for predators to hunt..trapping them in deep snows..

Wolves are another story--they are spreading out throughout SW Montana.. there is a small pack near the ranch now--10 miles.. I am keeping an eye out of them every time I am there.. driving the outlying perimeters looking for sign..

AND as much as the libs try to hide it there are documented cases of wolves attacking and killing humans..school teacher out jogging in Alaska for one..several in Canada..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (02/02/21 05:36 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mountain Lion Problems.. Ripp 29/01/21 04:35 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. Waidmannsheil   29/01/21 07:33 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. 93x64mm   29/01/21 10:21 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. Ripp   29/01/21 02:30 PM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. NitroXAdministrator   01/02/21 02:56 PM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. Ripp   02/02/21 04:08 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. DarylS   02/02/21 05:17 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. dracb   01/02/21 04:50 PM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. DarylS   29/01/21 04:49 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion Problems.. Ripp   29/01/21 06:59 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1674

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com