Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Manual cocking device instead of a safety

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety
      04/12/20 02:04 AM

I had a friend, now deceased, who briefly considered a Krieghoff double rifle with its manual cocking device. After trying one, he concluded that cocking both barrels at once, as this device does, requires too much effort and that his thumb was not up to the task (he was in his early 60's at the time). Althouogh I own several Krieghoff double rifles and combination guns, all are of over and under configuration, and do not have that feature. Now that I'm in my 80's, I wouldn't consider owning one with it.

Krieghoff used to have a feature with its drillings called Separatekugelspannung, which meant a device to cock the rifle barrel just before use, so that the drilling was normally carried with the rifle barrel uncocked. Cocking was accomplished either by a slide on the neck of the stock, where the safety would normally be located, or with a lever on the side of the action, to be activated with the left hand. I have several drillings with the latter feature and find it quick and easy to use and the safety remains in the normal place for a double shotgun, thus avoiding confusion.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Manual cocking device instead of a safety Chavez 25/11/20 02:37 AM
. * * Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety 3DogMike   03/12/20 02:51 AM
. * * Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety Chavez   03/12/20 03:10 AM
. * * Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety NitroXAdministrator   03/12/20 08:59 PM
. * * Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety NitroXAdministrator   04/12/20 12:45 AM
. * * Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety xausa   04/12/20 02:04 AM
. * * Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety DarylS   04/12/20 04:29 AM
. * * Re: Manual cocking device instead of a safety Chavez   04/12/20 12:14 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1689

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com