Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Headstamp for Africa.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Headstamp for Africa.
      26/10/20 03:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Waidmannshell,

I was scheduled to hunt in South Africa this summer, but with COVID-19, those plans were scrapped. Not sure what the future holds, but I am optimistic that it will eventually happen. Anyway, in my Gun preparation, the guide turned me on to an organization that is up-to-date on all African gun rules and regs and set everything up for me beautifully. It should elevate your Gun questions and concerns: https://www.hunterspermitsafrica.co.za/

Check them out.

Agree with the above..the last tine I flew into Joberg I used a service..they met me there..all went very smooth

Think about Africa and many other places is they have rules..AND they make shit up as they go..so you never know what u r getting

This is totally true.

I was detained at the airport in Nairobi back in 1980 due to a problem w/ my visa. the visa itself was good for 3 months but when questioned upon arrival, I'd answered "1 week". Then Mobutu shut down all flights into Zaire/Congo. I was able to scam a seat on a missionary plane violating the ban and the Kenyans had no problem with THAT, but tried to massage me over the overstay!

Then, in Zaire, I was held under house arrest for 3 days due to the illegal entry. {Yup, I was an "illegal alien!"}.

In 1988 going thru Heathrow I was told to remove the bolt on my .375 and pack that in my carry-on baggage, NOT with the rifle in its case. Then when being searched, later, all hell broke loose when a security genius picked up the bolt and asked what it was. I answered truthfully, adding that I'd been told to pack it in my carry on. The mental giant then fondled it a bit and...holding it by the bolt handle with the locking lug portion pointing away...declared it a gun and called for the police to arrest me! I protested as you can imagine {understatement....} and demanded that someone who had actually ever seen or handled a gun would be called and eventually, after much wrangling, some security guy who'd been in the Briths Army showed up and he and I had a big laugh while he dressed down the individuals who were demanding I head straight to gaol!

Bringing guns into South Africa in 1988 and 1989, all I got at customs was a compliment on my .375, a short yap about hunting and a good luck with the hunt. Left customs feeling like the officer was my older brother.

Leaving out more...all that to say I do not know the answer to your question OP but I'd be very careful if it was me and I'd take RIPP's comment to heart. Box of chocolates, you never know, etc...

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Headstamp for Africa. Waidmannsheil 25/10/20 04:57 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. crkennedy1   25/10/20 11:49 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. Rule303   26/10/20 03:06 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. NitroXAdministrator   26/10/20 03:15 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. NitroXAdministrator   26/10/20 03:21 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. Waidmannsheil   29/10/20 10:24 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. Rule303   30/10/20 07:13 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. Waidmannsheil   30/10/20 07:59 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. NitroXAdministrator   30/10/20 09:29 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. DarylS   31/10/20 03:58 AM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. Ripp   26/10/20 12:03 AM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. NitroXAdministrator   26/10/20 03:03 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. 9.3x57   26/10/20 03:49 AM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. NitroXAdministrator   26/10/20 02:52 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. lancaster   26/10/20 03:57 AM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. Ripp   26/10/20 12:40 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. NitroXAdministrator   26/10/20 02:49 PM
. * * Re: Headstamp for Africa. 9.3x57   26/10/20 12:52 PM

Extra information
1 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1988

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com