Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under....

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under....
      18/09/20 12:42 PM

Quote:

If that’s not enough, another local man was nearly killed by a wild ox he had wounded with an insufficient rifle cartridge around the same time. He too was saved by the quick and heroic actions of his hunting companion.

A good point in the article. When the small calibre buffalo guys shoot one and it runs off, we never hear about it. Sometimes the buff might run towards you, not away.

Quote:

I have only hunted Australian buffalo once, but I have hunted Cape buffalo multiple times. If I had based my opinions on the first three Cape buffalo I shot, I would have said they were not dangerous and were easy to kill. Then I ran into No. 4, and that changed my opinion.

I agree 100% with that. 19 water buffalo and the last certainly changed my opinion. Made me even question my bovine and elephant slayer, my .450 NE Jeffery double rifle!

But Curl and I hunted since then, and my doubts had faded into the ether. Though we never ended up scoring on the very elusive and wary buffalo that trip. They have been very hard hunted in the years between trips, and were extremely wary in the cattle station country we hunted. And most of all, not enough days in country, as the property owner messed us around a bit. A day or two extra and IMO not a problem. Hell we found cow buffalo a short walk away from camp, the last evening, no need to drive lots of kms.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... Ripp 16/04/18 11:43 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... Wayne59   17/04/18 06:03 AM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... 93x64mm   17/04/18 07:27 AM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... DarylS   18/04/18 01:00 AM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... Heelerau   30/05/18 10:26 AM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... NitroXAdministrator   30/05/18 02:06 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... Rothhammer1   30/05/18 03:47 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... Homer   30/05/18 05:51 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... lancaster   30/05/18 02:21 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... Ripp   31/05/18 01:55 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... 45120Gong   18/09/20 05:05 AM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... NitroXAdministrator   18/09/20 12:42 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... Homer   31/10/20 09:25 AM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... DarylS   31/10/20 02:54 PM
. * * Re: Cultures-collide-on-a-buffalo-hunt-down-under.... NitroXAdministrator   30/05/18 02:34 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5684

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com