Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker
      18/09/20 12:17 PM

Quote:

Have you considered the Mannlicher Schoenauer?

In my opinion one could hardly go wrong with a M-S. If the bore is not shot out for a hundred year old rifle. And as a Australian/Austrian friend said, if buying a European rifle, and they are relatively cheap in Europe, the bore may even be quite new, only fired a few rounds per year of the rifles life.

He acquired a M-S in 6.5x54 M-S for about A$1600 or even a lot less. A few years back. Main cost is getting it out of Europe and to your country!

A 6.5 mm, 8 mm, would make a nice medium calibre, maybe a 9 mm. And a 9.5 mm and dandy medium/larger calibre lower powered round.

Then there are a lot of other cartridge choices as well.

As for Mauser, great, but choosing an earlier one, and wanting its provenance exact? There can be a lot of shony sellers for a person now knowing what to look for. I can think of a few rifles over the years passed off as something else by the touts on the net.

BTW what sort of calibre are you aiming for? Or is it just for a collection and not a lot of use?

Good luck.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker Pat31 16/09/20 04:46 PM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker Rothhammer1   17/09/20 05:31 PM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker NitroXAdministrator   18/09/20 12:17 PM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker Wedgetail   19/09/20 04:37 PM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker Rothhammer1   19/09/20 05:52 PM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker Pat31   25/09/20 09:30 PM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker Rothhammer1   17/09/20 06:13 PM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker DarylS   17/09/20 02:07 AM
. * * Re: New User - Old Shooter - Looking to buy a B/A 98 Stalker Marrakai   17/09/20 02:46 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2169

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com