Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: India police decommission historic British-era rifles

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

2152hq
.300 member

Reged: 20/05/12
Loc: USA
Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles
      17/02/20 05:19 AM

Sounds like the decommissioned rifles are headed to Ishapor to be made in to .410 single shots and then reissued there for guard duty.

That'll make lots of SMLE followers cry here in the USA who dreamed of another supply of surplus SMLE's coming to the States like the great 1990's group from Australia/John Jovino import.

None that are viewable in the pics above seem to have the normal 'Ishapor Screw' laterally through the forestock. That would give some indication that they are English made rifles or very early Ishapor built and have never been back for repair after India Independence when that reinforcement feature was made popular.
No square eared nose cap wings either common of the later India mfg rifles.

I've still got 3 that are 'orig' features.
BSA 1906 MkI* SMLE that took some time to put back to orig shape with some parts from another.
BSA 'Commercial' MkI* SMLE could have been made as late as 1914 I'm guessing
BSA 'Commercial' CLLE Long Lee, "" ""
A couple SMLE bayonets and at least one for the LongLee.

Recent purchase of a sportered .22MkIV.
Excellent bore. Made up on a WW1 Enfield mfg SMLE ('M' ser# prefix) in 1954 & FTR.
Someone then cut the forestock and removed the handguards.
I have handguards front and rear for it. I'll make the missing forestorck wood and splice it in under the front band (also missing). Front band and nose cap, screws, ect are parts I have so it will be back in shape at some point.

Same old story of MilSurp rifles.
They get bought cheap at one time,,cut up and sporterized,,then later on we try and put them back together again like a HumptyDumpty when the prices go up as the supply dries up.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* India police decommission historic British-era rifles lancaster 15/02/20 06:19 AM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles Rule303   15/02/20 09:41 AM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles DarylS   15/02/20 10:51 AM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles NitroXAdministrator   15/02/20 03:26 PM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles Iowa_303s   15/02/20 03:43 PM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles NitroXAdministrator   15/02/20 10:28 PM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles DarylS   16/02/20 06:14 AM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles Rule303   16/02/20 01:16 PM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles 2152hq   17/02/20 05:19 AM
. * * Re: India police decommission historic British-era rifles Rothhammer1   17/02/20 01:32 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4049

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com