Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The End of the Game -non-pub BBC buffalo hunt doc LIVE LINK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching
      15/12/19 07:46 PM

"The End of the Game"

https://youtu.be/y-JCpy3YCy0
VIDEO HAS BEEN MADE PRIVATE

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This movie/hunt/doco is really worth watching.

Don't let the fact it was made by a vegan, David Scott, put you off. While vegans are always annoying, it doesn't detract too much from the film, and gives a new comer/outsider perspective to the main character, Guy Wallace, an old Brit 'colonial' now 72, and his life and his plans to hunt cape buffalo at least one more time.

Wallace is a bushy sideburns grumpy old curmudgeon. Living a somewhat lonely sad life. Having served in the British Army and Military including the Gulf States, Malaya, perhaps India and Africa. Later Guy lived in Kenya and then Rhodesia.

Now living in Scotland on an estate in somewhat squalor of a messy caravan near a cottage Guy is supposed to fix up to live in. But I love it, as he says, "that roof is the same cost of two buffalo safaris".

He pays for his accommodation taking out guests shooting on the estate for the owner. And also stores his trophies in the "big house".

Wallace takes the idiot vegan out for a deer hunt.

Later the two, Wallace and Scott, go to Africa together to hunt Cape Buffalo. The hunt is in South Africa. Scott is filming the buffalo hunt as part of making this documentary and story. Wallace is living his dream and hunting cape buffalo perhaps for the last time. When asked if he was killed by the Big Five Dangerous animal, what he would think about it? Wallace replies that he would like it, far better than dying dribbling waiting in NHS endless queues.

At first I was worried it was going to be a horrible canned hunt. The first day of five, they find a first cape buffalo, which just happens to be a nice bossed mature bull ... way too easy. But they have to hunt harder to succeed.

Lions can be heard groaning in the night. Reportedly they bump into a leopard one day during the hunting.

The film of one hour eleven minutes was supposed to be shown on BBC TV, but supposedly BBC got cold feet about showing it and pulled the plug.

If the guy was not an activist vegan, I would send him a few dollars but not to a vegan ...

I watched the youtube video on my widescreen TV and what an improvement.

Give the film a watch. It would be an enjoyable Sunday nights viewing.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (06/02/20 01:47 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* The End of the Game -non-pub BBC buffalo hunt doc LIVE LINK NitroXAdministrator 09/12/19 08:09 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   09/12/19 08:12 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie DarylS   10/12/19 03:51 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   14/12/19 01:43 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   14/12/19 02:37 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie NitroXAdministrator   14/12/19 03:27 AM
. * * The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   15/12/19 07:46 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 08:17 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 09:03 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 09:26 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 09:49 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   16/12/19 10:10 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching Ripp   17/12/19 12:40 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - worth watching NitroXAdministrator   06/02/20 01:47 AM
. * * The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - viewable again NitroXAdministrator   02/06/20 09:55 PM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - viewable again lancaster   03/06/20 04:18 AM
. * * Re: The End of the Game - buffalo hunt movie - viewable again NitroXAdministrator   01/03/22 03:37 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6170

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com