Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible?
      29/11/19 05:50 AM

Quote:

Good morning Gentlemen,

here the range report of using a stock Officer´s ACP for an IPSC shooting session:

- For the preparation the pistol was cleaned and lubricated with break-free

- in about 2 hours ca. 140 shots were fired without any problems, stoppages or feeding issues.
The pistol did what it should do.

- due to the %&$§&$% shooter, the results in precision went from mediocre to worse, because I was unable to cope for precision shots with the trigger, which was a little bit creepy.
Midway through the morning exercise the flinch came and stayed.
I experienced problems in hitting beer plates at 7 and 10 meters, which is normally unusual for me.
Also the time for the stages was sub-optimal for having to change magazines after 6 shots, but at least THIS disadvantage I knew before...

- at 10.30 a.m. I switched to a H&K Expert in 9x19 with a good trigger, and from then on the results in precision improved dramatically, and then I experienced some fun in the stages and exercises.

Thank you for the tips and advice!

best regards
Rolf

As shown by your experience, for a lot of shooting in one day, the 9mm is hard to beat..

When we do classes it's not uncommon for us to go through 5 to 600 rounds per day..all in 9mm..

While I find it's hard to beat the grip of a 1911..others come close, then add in the better trigger ..makes for a much more enjoyable experience..

I shoot a lot of Glocks..but lately been using a H&K VP9..a lot..very good factory trigger..very accurate and easy to shoot..and much better grip angle than the Glocks...

As Tinker stated, you can certainly slick up that trigger to be as smooth as a baby's bottom..have shot some like that..they too are very nice to shoot..but, again..once you shoot 5 to 600 per day..I prefer the 9mm

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? Rolf 07/11/19 01:20 AM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? tinker   07/11/19 03:15 AM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? 85lc   07/11/19 03:26 AM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? DarylS   07/11/19 03:40 AM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? Rolf   08/11/19 07:41 PM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? Homer   09/11/19 10:12 AM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? Rolf   28/11/19 05:08 PM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? Ripp   29/11/19 05:50 AM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? tinker   29/11/19 01:48 AM
. * * Re: Officer´s ACP - (un)limited training possible? DarylS   29/11/19 05:35 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3344

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com