Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems
      31/07/19 09:41 AM

There are lots of options out there, all with heir pluses and minuses. Probably the most versatile is the T/C Encore due to the range of calibers available and the aftermarket barrels. I sold mine a few years ago but now I’m looking to pick up another one and SBR it and run it suppressed, caliber likely 45LC/454C/460S&W.

For a dedicated precision system I love the Desert Technology SRS. I’ve had an A1 for several years now and have barrels/bolts in 243, 308, 6.5SAUM, 264WM and 338LM. It’s a very accurate and rugged system, zero repeatability is within 0.1mil when changing barrels. You just log the zero for each barrel and use offsets in your ballistics calculator, no need to reset the zero on the scope. With the Short Action Customs 5.56 conversions it gets even more useful, still need to pick one up. With the new A2 it becomes a legitimate hunting rifle due to the weight loss. Pair an A2 chassis with a Proof Research barrel and you would have a very accurate, compact rifle with a reasonable weight. Barrels are also a plus, many places can spin one up so you are not stuck with a proprietary system like a Blaser.

Not as easy are some of the PRS action like the Big Horns. The tolerances are tight enough you can buy profit barrels for them so no fitting is required. You do need action and barrel wrenches/vises though. There are also the Savage style nuts, like the Bug Nut, Hat let you run a standard profile barrel. With swappable bolt heads your range of calibers is dictated by action length and bolt diameter.

One of the high end hunting rifle systems I’ve always ogled was the Dakota Arms Traveler. One of these in 338LM and 416R would be a great combination.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems NitroXAdministrator 30/07/19 11:55 PM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems 4seventy   01/08/19 07:09 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems DarylS   01/08/19 08:46 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems Postman   31/07/19 12:33 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems NitroXAdministrator   31/07/19 05:13 PM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems DarylS   31/07/19 02:49 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems NitroXAdministrator   31/07/19 05:31 PM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems SharpsNitro   31/07/19 09:41 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems NitroXAdministrator   31/07/19 05:44 PM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems tinker   31/07/19 10:46 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems NitroXAdministrator   31/07/19 05:49 PM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems SharpsNitro   01/08/19 12:34 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems NitroXAdministrator   01/08/19 09:02 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems DarylS   01/08/19 03:53 AM
. * * Re: A discussion on switch barrel rifle systems SharpsNitro   01/08/19 04:32 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3411

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com