Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Announcements

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook
      21/05/19 04:55 PM

This group is just another "arm" of NitroExpress.com.

We have the fb page. Groups are taking over pages now and far more successful. Harder and more time consuming to manage, and bigger ones, move on too quickly. As such they often lack depth of discussion. And are hard to look back in. How does one look back to a discussion five years ago on facebook? Takes forever, no decent search facility. They ONLY way it will still be is, if a phone or image was loaded up with the discussion. The image or photo is kept by facebook. Not so with mere words by themselves.

The eye candy girls all like facebook. To put pictures of themselves up.

Same with pretty guns. People like looking at them. Then move on.

So facebook and facebook groups are part of it all now. Because I don't trust facebook at all, I will go with a multi platform approach.
1. Use a blog/ezine to be the core of discussions and displays of guns etc.
2. Share the article or discussion on the blog to the forums. Or copy and paste it, as now would be required. Hopefully an upgrade will allow sharing.
3. Hopefully with a few keystrokes also share the discussion, photos, article etc to SEVERAL different social media platforms, sites, pages, groups etc easily. Save a lot of work.
4.A benefit is the core stays here, under control.
5. A major benefit is the article, discussion, news item shared, when re-shared from our post keeps the pointer at NE and is not lost on sharing an news article.

The blog/ezine/forum(?) remains the core of the sites. It would be cool if such worked with the upgraded forums. But I will use a wordpress type site built around the forums anyway. The forums stay as part of it. With photo hosting in the mix somewhere as well.

By keeping the core separate, history and archives are maintained. I enjoy finding old threads and re-enjoying them again. And even some older longer members haven't seen them even once.

I will do something similar for my political pages.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook NitroXAdministrator 20/05/19 11:37 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook DarylS   21/05/19 02:53 AM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook NitroXAdministrator   21/05/19 03:50 AM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook DarylS   21/05/19 07:50 AM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook 416rigby   21/05/19 01:20 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook NitroXAdministrator   21/05/19 04:29 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook NitroXAdministrator   21/05/19 04:55 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook NitroXAdministrator   21/05/19 04:57 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook Ripp   21/05/19 10:04 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook Huvius   22/05/19 04:34 AM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook NitroXAdministrator   22/05/19 04:44 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook NitroXAdministrator   22/05/19 04:47 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook Ripp   22/05/19 10:27 PM
. * * Re: NitroExpress.Group, new members group on facebook Ripp   21/05/19 03:09 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX, CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6164

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com