Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details
      15/05/19 12:55 PM

JB, thanks for putting up that article.

I was looking for it last night.

I have been proposing as a political policy, actually have been pushing it myself for decades as to introduce sport hunting of roos.

I like this NSW policy.

Hopefully there is not too much BS and bureaucracy involved in getting listed and able to be a roo hunter under this policy. As this is also another way the bureaucrats restrict activities, red tape, training courses, fees and BS.

I believe Queensland allows five roo permits to be purchased and the hunter can find a property to hunt the roos on. Can never find much on that on the net though.

Now if NSW has this scheme it opens it all up more again.

I believe Victoria does not allow ANY shooting of roos at all. (?)

In SA, we have large amounts of roo shooting. Two types:
- commercial harvesting by licensed roo professionals shooting for hides and meat, by vehicle and spotlight at night; and
- culling for crop protection, where the carcase can not be removed from the property legally, so is left to rot. Or some might go to the farm dogs.

The first is usually on big outback properties and sheep properties to be economically viable.

The second type is where sporting hunters should get a look in. If there were allowed to do some of that culling shooting, and USE the carcase for personal consumption, or for their own pet meat needs, how wonderful that would be. And not wasting all that valuable protein.

I regularly eat roo mince burgers now. Probably buy a pack every week or fortnight. Would be great to make my own. And roo steaks are often good as well. Roo meat would make great goulashes and similar casseroles and stews as well.

So silly we can't do this in SA or other states.

I know the backlash from the moronic greenies, antis, veges and vegans, anti gunners, plastic monkey urbanites of course would be huge. If they knew about any such change ...

"Shooting an animal on the Coat of Arms - how dare they!!!" I have heard as one specific moronic excuse not to.

Mankind needs good protein. It is disrespectful to waste the meat if it could be used. Good animal rights issue. The meat should be used. Even if we are eating "someone's mother or father" ... as the ARs says. Won't say what one does to a joey if in the pouch ...

With good rainy years, we could have 70 million kangaroos in Australia. We harvest legally about 3.5 million per year commercially or as culls. I would guess two or three times that as non-official culls ... Roos breed up quickly in good years, can take a large sustainable harvest as a result. In bad years there would be massive natural die off. There is no reason we should not be eating more roo meat than beef or lamb in this country. AND HUNTERS should be able to feed their families regularly with wild shot roo meat. Healthy, low fat, non GM, free range wild meat. Perfect for the 2020's.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details Homer 14/05/19 08:59 AM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details Ripp   14/05/19 10:58 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details Homer   16/05/19 06:18 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details 4seventy   16/05/19 09:34 AM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details DarylS   16/05/19 10:02 AM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details NitroXAdministrator   15/05/19 12:38 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details NitroXAdministrator   15/05/19 12:55 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details DarylS   15/05/19 01:12 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details Rule303   15/05/19 08:13 AM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details Ripp   15/05/19 11:43 AM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details NitroXAdministrator   15/05/19 01:12 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details NitroXAdministrator   15/05/19 01:14 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details NitroXAdministrator   15/05/19 01:38 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details Rule303   15/05/19 07:33 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details DarylS   15/05/19 03:47 PM
. * * Re: Non commercial, Kangaroo shooting details DarylS   15/05/19 08:29 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2716

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com