Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns
      03/11/18 06:30 PM

I think that rifle is fantastic. It tells a story. About the great migration of the East African wildebeest herds. I have seen the migrations, back in 1988 in Kenya and Tanzania. IUnfortunately not on the famous Mara River crossing, as the "TV crews" were there and plebs like us were not permitted near it. Don't want two dozens trucks and mini buses in the "wild" and "wilderness" films sold to TV watchers in the West.

BUT I do think wildebeeast scenes are a little at odds with the chosen chamberings of .600 NE and .470 NE. More the choices for elephant, buffalo, in the older days rhino, and perhaps lion. But its the commissioners choice, and the engraving was depictive and well down.

A lot of the Germanic master rifle builders go for these heavier engravings and part of the culture I guess. This rifle still looks classy in my opinion. And the engravings are not clownish and cartoonish as shame some firearms. Look realistic and anatomically correct. Only the leopard lacks a bit, but I can't afford this sort of engraving, so I'm not one to complain!

This firearm will grace someones gun room and be proudly showed off to his guests.

Interestingly the .470 set of barrels are fitted for a scope. Something not often seen on bigger bore doubles. Thankfully no scope bases on the .600!

Thanks for posting the link and story. It needs to be added to our archives.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns Ripp 01/11/18 01:21 AM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns 4seventy   01/11/18 04:26 PM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns CptCurlAdministrator   01/11/18 08:35 PM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns 93mouse   01/11/18 09:13 PM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns Waidmannsheil   02/11/18 06:16 AM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns Louis   01/11/18 10:22 PM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns baileybradshaw   02/11/18 01:52 AM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns Ripp   02/11/18 10:51 PM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns *DELETED* *DELETED* DarylS   03/11/18 02:20 AM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns mckinney   03/11/18 08:51 AM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns Waidmannsheil   03/11/18 07:45 PM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns NitroXAdministrator   03/11/18 06:30 PM
. * * Re: Austrian firm Johann Fanzoj -- Double rifle--Glamour Guns Waidmannsheil   03/11/18 07:51 PM

Extra information
2 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4360

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com