Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Reged: 06/01/17
Loc: The Redwoods of California
Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period?
      22/03/18 09:58 PM

Quote:

Thank You very much. So it seems to be more likely a post war production period.

That would be the inference by those two ads, but that's all I really know about it.

My only rifle of that period is an M1910 Mannlicher Schoenauer with a built in 'factory' flip uo tang sight and claw mount Gerard scope, and I haven't made much study of Redfield sights, so I'm not of much help here.

MS tang sight:

Here are some other options listed in the 1939 Stoeger...

From Parker Hale:

From Lyman:

Both the PH Sportarget and the Lyman 1A mount directly to the back of the bolt, so no other modification, cutting, or drilling would be necessary.

Surely there are members here that are familiar with your Model 70 Redfield and its use on '98 Mousies. Even if it is not 'period' to your rifle's date of manufacture, I would think that many a '98 saw them added later.

Member Kuduae has written of experience with the Parker Hale and Lyman, I believe, and may know the 'vintage' of your Redfield and / or have advice.

--------------------
Citizen of the Cherokee Nation

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? justcurious 20/03/18 03:49 AM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? Rothhammer1   20/03/18 08:44 PM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? justcurious   20/03/18 09:42 PM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? thirdbite   21/03/18 06:30 AM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? 93x64mm   21/03/18 07:23 AM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? Rothhammer1   21/03/18 05:19 PM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? justcurious   22/03/18 01:37 AM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? Rothhammer1   22/03/18 09:58 PM
. * * Re: Info needed. Redfield sight for Mauser.Production period? JDL   04/04/18 03:27 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3052

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com