Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list
      02/03/18 01:43 AM

Different strokes I guess. I hunt where we have LOTS of grizzlies. In fact it's very rare for me to go out and not see grizzly bears.
But I have never had any desire to hunt them.

Shoot them maybe, if I ever feel a need. So far they have not bothered me.

But I have seen them kill livestock and I was quite close to the hunter back in 1998 or 1999 that was in the news when he got his arm torn loose. Many of the outdoor magazines had articles about that attack. It was on Horse Creek Wyoming about 15 miles NW of Dubois. Some of you may remember it.

I was so close I heard the screams and the shot. I was there when the Wardens and Federal rangers got there and evacuated him. It was a bloody mess for sure, and the alarming things was that the Feds and Sheriff's deputies followed the bear up the creek for a few miles and lost it. I was never found. A wounded grizzle right in your area is not something that makes you feel very secure. I have to believe it died from the wound because there never was another attack in that area that year.

I have seen what they can do with my one eyes. So I have a healthy respect for them (Fear may be a better word at times)

I never go into that area without being armed with my 454 Casull, spray and usually a large rifle too, even if I am only going wood cutting. If I am not hunting, I can't have the rifle in my hands at all times, but it's never more then about 6 feet away.

I have mixed feeling about grizzlies. I love and hate seeing them. They are magnificent. But lack of game management in the USA and in Western Wyoming particularly has resulted in there being way too many of them.

They are not as bad as wolves when it comes to killing all the other game, but they are a problem to be sure.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Ripp 20/02/18 02:19 PM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Homer   26/02/18 06:18 PM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Ripp   27/02/18 03:02 PM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Homer   01/03/18 08:44 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Rule303   01/03/18 06:44 PM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Rod4861   10/09/19 11:10 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Ripp   11/09/19 03:55 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list DarylS   11/09/19 04:06 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Ripp   11/09/19 12:01 PM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list DarylS   12/09/19 02:58 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list DarylS   10/09/19 11:18 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list szihn   02/03/18 01:43 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Claydog   02/03/18 08:56 AM
. * * Re: Big-Bears-..Why-they're-on-every-hunters-bucket-list Ripp   11/09/19 03:51 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3850

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com