Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

lonewulf
.300 member

Reged: 06/08/12
Loc: South-East Otago, New Zealand
Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top!
      24/02/18 08:56 AM

If it were my rifle I think I'd do as Daryl suggests. That is to say, ensure you have positive even bedding of the action and reinforce, a clear barrel channel, and even, positive contact, at the muzzle. Take it to the range and test that arrangement. If the results are poor or inconsistent experiment with paper shims of varying thicknesses placed between the muzzle and cap. If this degrades accuracy it may be time to consider reducing the amount of upward pressure on the muzzle. Just use an appropriately sized dowel and a bit of sandpaper to slowly relieve the upward pressure. If this results in an improvement, keep doing it until you free float or accuracy begins to decline. If it declines, shim the muzzle cap at the appropriate pressure point to restore accuracy and seal.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! deeangeo 24/02/18 01:52 AM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! Rothhammer1   24/02/18 10:36 AM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! deeangeo   24/02/18 05:09 PM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! HeymSR20   05/03/18 09:14 PM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! deeangeo   07/03/18 09:40 AM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! Rothhammer1   07/03/18 12:04 PM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! deeangeo   07/03/18 07:30 PM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! Rothhammer1   07/03/18 07:59 PM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! DarylS   24/02/18 04:51 AM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! deeangeo   24/02/18 05:30 AM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! lonewulf   24/02/18 08:56 AM
. * * Re: Hmmm does the lift in my head go all the way to the top! deeangeo   24/02/18 09:08 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2780

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com