Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 3-D shoot this weeked 30shots x 3 times

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
3-D shoot this weeked 30shots x 3 times
      19/02/18 12:33 PM

Had an indoor Archery 3-D match this weekend. Was a lot of fun - I haven't shot my bow since the fall of 2007 & thinking of taking up archery again. I think my wife will like it as well.

She was top woman at the NA Long Bow Safari a number of years ago, beating 515 other archers out of 520 registered. There were so many "internal complaints", that was the last year of registered 'scoring'. She nailed an 85 yard shot on a bedded elk, in the centre of the X. Unbelievably lucky. I hit it in the ass for 5pts, also lucky, but not as much.HA! I don't think anyone else in our group even hit the damn thing. What a shot, though, with a 40 pound "Ron FOX" long bow and legal sized 2-bladed broadheads of course.

My best round this weekend was the second round of 30 shots yesterday, with 7 11's and 5 10's out of 30 shots. The rest scored 8's and 5's, no missed.
They are now scoring "X" hits as 11 pts instead of 10 + # of X's. My worse round was today, but still got 10, 10's, averaged. LOL. Ended up in second for the category they put me in. Seniors compound fixed sight pins # peep sight and mechanical release. There were only 2 of us in that class. LOL I shoot bare bow, no sights and fingers, no "REAL" release (no recognizable release, either, more like an armature plucker HA!)

Actually, my 'real' category has not been recognized for about 10 years, I was told - as it was 1st called (over 60#) Heavy Tackle Bare Bow, then that changed to Bowhunter Bare-Bow, ie: compound no sights and fingers, then it was simply removed (at least here). Found my bow was still set at 70#, it's max.+ 29" draw length. Longest shots were only about 55yards. Closest, maybe 10 feet. I shot fingers, of course and no sights, cranked over like I used to shoot my long-bows - that's how I enjoy shooting.
I used to be fair with that class - av. 285/300 yearly in that class at the club with the Hitech bow. I had been shooting 290's with fingers and pins with a heavy Darton Lightening, but I couldn't afford the arrows kept "hooding" them. I sold that bow to my friend Brad and bought the Hitech Pinacle, shot it bare. That made fewer robin-hoods. I still have the Hitech & used it this weekend.

I'd have shot one of my longbows, but 4 of them are too heavy now for me and all of them, even the self bows I have, some I made, re-start tendinitis in both elbows within 30 shots.
Lol- the last year with the sights, I had to take the Robin-hoods apart just to have enough arrows to finish the season. I was a young man then - in my 30 through 50's I guess. I could still see - yahoo. OK with cheaters now, though.

What sort of archery do you guys play with?

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 3-D shoot this weeked 30shots x 3 times DarylS 19/02/18 12:33 PM
. * * Re: 3-D shoot this weeked 30shots x 3 times Ripp   23/03/18 02:28 AM
. * * Re: 3-D shoot this weeked 30shots x 3 times DarylS   23/03/18 01:53 PM
. * * Re: 3-D shoot this weeked 30shots x 3 times NitroXAdministrator   19/02/18 01:26 PM
. * * Re: 3-D shoot this weeked 30shots x 3 times aromakr   23/03/18 02:16 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2970

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com