Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

tunofun
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Darwin, NT, Australia
Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment
      13/05/05 09:12 PM

In reply to:

Well we should atleast give them their traditions we took everything else from them !

We need to recignise and accept aboriginal tradition even if it is violent! we need to keep these people the way they are and keep their traditions alive!

I must respectfully disagree here SaHunter, if they are allowed to keep barbaric 'traditions' like this then how are they ever to be accepted into the community at large? Allowing Aborigines to live outside our laws and have their own special set of rules only serves to segregate them from the rest of the community. They are as far away from it now as is almost possible. They need to become a part of the community, not go around stabbing each other! If I were to do that to a family member for murdering his wife, I would be arrested too.

Unless you live here in the NT, you don't really understand, I see more crime here than anywhere else being commited by aborigines because they don't see themselves as a part of 'OUR' community and have no respect for us or themselves and it is a big shame. They have much to offer. Poverty is also a big issue, itinerants sleeping in the streets and parks and it all comes down to their respect for our community or their lack of it. They don't want to be a part of it, the children don't get educated and the parents don't have jobs (I will admit there are many who do and there are some really good indiginous people out there), it becomes a terrible circle that they need to pull THEMSELVES out of. The Govt has thrown more money at Indiginous Affairs than in the defence budget for many years and nothing has changed. I have no idea what should be done though.

I don't believe this practice should be allowed to continue, as said, it just alienates indiginous people from the rest of society and belongs in the dark ages not 2005.

My $0.02...

Good Shooting!

--------------------

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
Sigmund Freud -- General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment NitroXAdministrator 25/03/04 01:10 PM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment shrike   21/01/05 08:46 AM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment SaHunter   13/09/04 10:44 AM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment tunofun   13/05/05 09:12 PM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment NitroXAdministrator   14/05/05 03:00 AM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment tunofun   14/05/05 12:13 PM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment Bakes   26/03/04 11:32 AM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment NitroXAdministrator   26/03/04 12:50 PM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment AspenHill   27/03/04 06:04 AM
. * * Re: Spearing - a traditional Aboriginal punishment AspenHill   26/03/04 05:02 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2763

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com