Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels
      11/01/18 12:46 PM

Did a little bit of digging on-line..but was correct on my previous post/..they are manufactured in Canada..see the link below..

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-game-hunting/whitetail-deer/rifle-review-fierce-carbon-edge/

"I asked Mogle how he can make these guns and sell them for that price and he explained, “I had a gentleman [Hugues Vaillancourt] approach me at my first SHOT Show I attended who said he could build the best gun in the world for the best price and I was like, ‘Yeah, whatever.’ A couple of weeks later, he flew me up to his factory [Nutech Industries] in Quebec … and when I went into his machine shop, I quickly realized that was probably one of the best machine shops in North America.

“He’s one of the largest suppliers to Bombardier, he’s built at one time the Winchester Model 70 action, he has built parts for Marlin — I mean several big manufacturers in our industry — and has done so for 25 years. And so when I saw that he was a gun guy already and he’s got robots that feed his machines and he’s got the highest-end machines in the business, I was like ‘OK, if I am going to partner with someone, this is the guy.’”

Mogle has many years of experience building custom rifles and, like many custom riflemakers, started making his guns using available components and assembling them in custom stocks. “In January 2014 we introduced the Fierce Edge. We manufacture the entire rifle. We make the action, we make the carbon fiber stock, we make everything,” he says.

Everything is made in Canada except the barrels, which are laid up with carbon fiber in Utah. “The only thing we don’t manufacture on the entire rifle are the barrel blanks themselves and we get the barrel blanks from McGowen. They’re a well-known barrel manufacturer. They’re a match-grade [button-rifled] hand-lapped barrel,” says Mogle, who describes Fierce’s patent pending C3 carbon fiber process as something between what Christensen Arms and Proof Research do. “We do both the filament winding process and a hand lay-up process and we’re using a much higher modulus carbon fiber material.”

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels Ripp 09/01/18 08:31 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels DarylS   09/01/18 10:58 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels tinker   11/01/18 02:28 PM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels Ripp   12/01/18 12:53 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels Ripp   10/01/18 02:05 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels SharpsNitro   10/01/18 03:45 PM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels Homer   11/01/18 10:57 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels DarylS   11/01/18 11:06 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels Ripp   11/01/18 12:39 PM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels Ripp   11/01/18 12:46 PM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels 008   11/01/18 02:07 PM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels Ripp   12/01/18 02:02 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels 008   12/01/18 02:18 AM
. * * Re: Proof-research-carbon-fiber-rifle-barrels DarylS   12/01/18 04:32 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3598

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com