Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Well this has come full circle now.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Paradox and Bore Guns

szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
Well this has come full circle now.
      13/11/17 07:19 AM

Ken G. ("BigDog") contacted me some years ago on this very site. He said he's seen one of my 4 bore rifles and was very impressed. He asked me if I could build him a 2 bore sporting rifle. At first I thought he was kidding. He was not. I did some research and as far as I could determine, it had never been done in all history. there are 2 bore wall guns and some Whaling guns that were made 150 to 250 years ago, but as far as a true "sporting rifle" I was nt able to find any documentation of one ever being made anywhere at any time.

That's not to say one wasn't. It's just saying I was not able to find any record of one.
So I talked to ken and said I'd do it for him, but we'd be learning as we go because there were no patters for me to follow. So I agreed and we started the project a few months later.

Sadly Ken passes away a while back. Some of his collection is now being auctioned off my Rock Island Auction Co. Here is the link.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail...rcussion#detail

I am sure some of you folks remember my posting of the pictures of work in progress.
He had me name the huge rifle "King Kong" and I engraved it as such on the side plate. The barrel is 36" long and the gun weighs 22 pounds.
Collectors will probably not care, but shooters should be aware that ken was Left -Handed and so the gun is a lefty.

I called Rock Island and let them know I was the maker, but was only able to leave a recorded phone message. Maybe they will call back. If they do I'll post the details of the conversation and let you all know what's going on with the gun.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Well this has come full circle now. szihn 13/11/17 07:19 AM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. Wayne59   13/11/17 12:17 PM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. Well_Well_Well   13/11/17 01:55 PM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. szihn   13/11/17 02:18 PM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. DarylS   14/11/17 05:28 AM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. kuduae   14/11/17 06:11 AM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. CowboyCS   14/11/17 03:29 PM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. szihn   15/11/17 01:01 AM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. ducmarc   18/11/17 01:22 PM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. CptCurlAdministrator   18/11/17 11:12 PM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. DarylS   19/11/17 05:24 AM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. szihn   14/11/17 10:20 AM
. * * Re: Well this has come full circle now. Wayne59   14/11/17 12:58 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tinker 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6939

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com