Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping?
      04/09/17 04:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So, I'm sure this will not be popular but ...

I tend to tip at the higher end. I hunt with two PHs primarily. Different countries and different game but the same PHs. I find I get preferential treatment to some degree. Usually I get assigned the better hunting blocks, put on better trophies and end up with th e hottest tracks to go after.

It's not fair or just but economics. Repeat client and great tipper leads to being treated very very well. For an extra couple grand my precious time offf is maximized and that is well worth it to me.

This is indeed a fact !

Many of the best hard working PHs run when Ozzy or Kiwi hunters arrive & many from Euro hunters also !

I would love to know which outfitters they are.

Not surprised those willing to pay over the top are able to buy better (or larger) trophies for themselves either. Repeat customers are often taken care of. People buying bigger trophies also are lucrative. I remember my first safari when there was live game capture going on, and there were some eland bulls captured with the mob of other game. i was offered one as a "trophy". Said no. Not interested in shooting some captive animal. Hunting is more than about the biggest trophies. If one travels to NZ, ALL of the BIG (ie huge and un-natutral) "trophies" are ALL from tiny pens and tame captive bred "hunting" farms. Probably big tipping going on there as well.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (04/09/17 05:09 PM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? crkennedy1 23/08/17 02:40 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Rule303   23/08/17 02:58 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? crkennedy1   23/08/17 03:10 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Rule303   23/08/17 11:45 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? NitroXAdministrator   24/08/17 08:23 AM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Sarg   24/08/17 09:19 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Charls   29/08/17 05:21 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Rell   30/08/17 11:51 AM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Sarg   30/08/17 02:51 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? NitroXAdministrator   04/09/17 04:45 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Sarg   05/09/17 12:40 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? NitroXAdministrator   07/09/17 05:42 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Rell   05/09/17 09:32 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? NitroXAdministrator   07/09/17 05:37 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Postman   24/08/17 12:36 AM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? NitroXAdministrator   23/08/17 07:04 PM
. * * Re: Headed to South Africa for Plains Game... again! Tipping? Rell   23/08/17 07:54 PM

Extra information
1 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3677

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com