Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer
      08/08/17 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not sure why the military or LEOs would look further than the competitive action shooting orgs for defensive sidearms inspiration.

The 1911 in 45 ACP or even .40 is probably the most popular handgun for IPSC or IDPA going today, particularly in standard division......

And WHY you might ask???? Because they just work!!!!! If other handguns worked better, the free market would make a different choice..... the winners circles don't lie.

this

From what I read, hear and see from those I know, there are several reasons for this..based on what I read, the FBI is going/or went back to the 9mm as bullets have continued to improve. Also the smaller individuals can get back on target more quickly on follow up shots than off of the 40 or 45..size of the firearm and recoil make a difference..also typically in similar clips, the 9mm holds more rounds than the 40 or 45..

I have actually stated the same points you mention above and those are the answers I get from the law enforcement community..shooting targets is much different than going after bad guys, similar to Daryl's comments on the "perfect long range rifle" its different shooting targets than shooting animals --which is what most of those in the LEC are actually shooting when needed..:)

Ripp

Yup. I get the rifle vs rifle compare..... target rifles need to cut the bull a long ways out... game rifles need to put the game down NOW. The same might apply to pistols, no? IPSC etc awards higher points for a power factor over "x", the theory being that the animals need to be put down NOW so they can't sustain the threat. Big bullets do it better and it's a balance between enough power and maintaining control. The IPSC crews are not all big strapping 6 footers but manage to shoot major power factor just fine. Maybe the new age wee girly men LEOs we see today just can't handle a handgun that makes major power factor? But just maybe they have better small caliber bullets that punch big holes with the trade off that they are more controllable?

It's all academic to me, living in Canada where only the criminals can and do carry. Short of total anarchy, average citizens can't and won't be carrying here.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Ripp 06/08/17 11:09 PM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer DarylS   07/08/17 01:35 AM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Ripp   07/08/17 11:42 AM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer DarylS   07/08/17 12:11 PM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Postman   08/08/17 01:03 AM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Ripp   08/08/17 10:00 PM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Postman   08/08/17 11:53 PM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Ripp   09/08/17 06:27 AM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Homer   08/08/17 11:01 AM
. * * Re: Test-firing-US Armys-new-MHS-pistol-Sig Sauer Ripp   08/08/17 10:05 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2192

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com