Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: a little extracts of archery books from my library

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: a little extracts of archery books from my library
      02/06/17 06:27 AM

Cool! - Nice collection.

I would like to read "The Grey Goose Wing", myself. I have read a number of the other books mentioned.

Toxofolus, by Roger Ascham is an exceptional archer book as well. Roger was the Archery Teacher (Greek and Latin as well) of Elisabeth I, daughter of Henry VIII. Toxofolus was written in 1535 & although it is bit tough to read the 'old English', you get used to it - a delightful old book. I have loaned it out, never to have been returned, along with the "Witchery of Archery".

The large tall armoire's made to hold long bows, were called Aschams, in honour of Roger Ascham.

"The Witchery Of Archery" by the Art & Wil Thompson, post American Civil War, is another archery treasure trove of shooting and adventure & much fun to read concerning long bow archery in the Florida Everglades.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* a little extracts of archery books from my library rigbymauser 02/06/17 03:39 AM
. * * Re: a little extracts of archery books from my library DarylS   02/06/17 06:27 AM
. * * Re: a little extracts of archery books from my library rigbymauser   03/06/17 05:18 PM
. * * Re: a little extracts of archery books from my library DarylS   04/06/17 03:07 AM
. * * Re: a little extracts of archery books from my library rigbymauser   04/06/17 04:29 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2762

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com