Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK
      14/04/17 08:21 PM

When I last looked at importing from the USA, the prices ranged from US$200 to US$800 for a single firearm and single shipment. And some were cheaper per firearm if exporting several at once, substantially reducing the orice per unit.

As I have said many times on the net, it is really only economical if buying a firearm of substantial value, well over a thousand or $1,500 for any reduced foreign price to be worth it. Or if it is rare and not otherwise obtainable.

The best would be to find out exactly what procedures and paperwork is needed at the UK end, and see if the requirements can be done cheaper someway. No way it is economical for a GBP100 rifle though unless rare and unusual.

When I was buying a double rifle from a UK member on NE and it was located at Holland & Holland, it did not seem difficult. All they requested was a B709 permit. The purchase was messed up by delays and misinformation at the SAPOL end. Two attempts to get a B709 resulted in nothing. Three different responses for what was required. All took too long, and in the end took months. The seller sold the rifle to another person as they did not hear from me on it for months. I had no problem with the seller doing this. SAPOL stuffed me around "loosing" the applications. Then claiming additional documentation had to be supplied but never telling me. Even though I did exactly what they originally told me to do.

This was after I and many others had written letters etc regarding some new restrictions they were bringing in, to MP's, Police Commissioner, the media etc. Don't know if there was some connection in my 'problems'.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK gryphon 14/04/17 05:35 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK DarylS   14/04/17 06:50 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK gryphon   14/04/17 09:24 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK Rule303   14/04/17 09:32 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK Homer   14/04/17 10:00 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK gryphon   14/04/17 10:24 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK NitroXAdministrator   14/04/17 08:21 PM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK gryphon   15/04/17 05:09 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK 450_Ackley   15/04/17 06:16 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK Homer   15/04/17 09:48 AM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK Rule303   15/04/17 05:48 PM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK Brithunter   24/05/17 09:33 PM
. * * Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK NitroXAdministrator   15/04/17 05:41 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3391

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com