Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: the wolf and his friends

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: the wolf and his friends
      08/04/17 06:23 PM

Wolves were extinct in France in the early 20th century. They came back from Italy in the 80's and settled well in national parks in Southern French Alps, where they heavily preyed on abundant mouflons which numbers dwindled quickly. Convervationists and the Environment Ministry in France assess now the number of wolves in the country to average 300/400. Small packs are now strongly established in most eastern and central France, and individuals have been spotted as far as the Pyrenean mountains to the south-west, large forests in the Paris area, as well as in the Moselle region to the north east. They most probably thrive on roe deer and wild boar, however don't neglect from time to time feeding on cattle or slaughter large numbers of sheep.

Wolves are fully protected in France however because of farmers pressure some annual culling - but only by Government Agents, was authorized some years ago; last year's tag was of around 30/40.

Recently an important decision was made, authorizing farmers/shepherds to shot wolves seen wandering around their cattle/sheep.

I have no doubt that any sensible French hunter spotting a wolf while hunting other quarries would also make the right decision!

Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* the wolf and his friends lancaster 08/04/17 05:31 AM
. * * Re: the wolf and his friends Louis   08/04/17 06:23 PM
. * * Re: the wolf and his friends lancaster   08/04/17 07:20 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1966

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com