Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle
      17/03/17 03:22 PM

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Ripp, I posted that Jon Sundra link, only as another opinion, and some info on this subject.
I agree with you, it wasn't the best article I've ever read either but...

FYI, I'm presently looking at getting a couple of www.lonepeakarms.com Ti actions (via their Australian agent), to put together some more Light Rifles (like em on Face Book, and get their news updates).
They have only recently modified their Fusion Ti action, by removing the center section of the integral Pic rail.
I'm in a real quandary about chamberings...
I really want a 6.5 Rem Mag (I already have a 1 in 8", 6.5, carbon wrapped barrel) but getting ammo and even cases is proving to be an issue. Not to mention traveling OS with it, to far flung destinations, only to find your bag with the ammo in it, didn't arrive.
So the short action rifle, may end up as a .270 WSM .......................?

Doh!
Homer

I agree 100% with your concern..as it happened to me only a couple months ago..got to the destination..none of the ammo I brought showed up for the entire hunt..

Having said that, I really like the 6.5 calibers..believe they offer a bit of a ballistic edge over the 25 and 27 calibers...however unless the shots are really long not so sure you or the game will notice the difference..

An issue I have with the article by Sundra, is the same issue I have when a new caliber comes out and a certain group complain about it before they have shot it, used it in any way and basically just want to complain to hear themselves complain. Hey, its a free world..if you want to stick to your '06 or 308 Winchester go ahead..but let others do and use what they want.. to me that was partially what that article represented..maybe I am just tired or just tired of reading BS..

I will check out that site..thank you..

Last weekend while at the local gun show I ran into a really nice guy who is a custom gunsmith up in Helena, Montana..I plan to give him a little visit in about a week to 10 days while on the road for my business..looked at some of his work, which also was lightweight type rifles he had built for himself, his wife and his daughter..was nice work..he also had some really nice wood stocks laying there he had built..really good quality work..plan to take my Model 70 Winchester to him..it has a factory stock that I truly do not like..going to have him either reshape it some if possible or build an entirely new one..

Take care

Ripp

Accidently edited by me, managed to recover and restore the original post. NitroX

Edited by NitroX (18/03/17 09:23 PM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Ripp 10/03/17 03:19 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Rule303   10/03/17 09:03 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Ripp   10/03/17 12:05 PM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Rule303   10/03/17 07:30 PM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Homer   13/03/17 09:50 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Homer   16/03/17 08:43 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Ripp   17/03/17 01:04 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Homer   17/03/17 12:06 PM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Ripp   17/03/17 03:22 PM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle NitroXAdministrator   18/03/17 09:25 PM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Ripp   19/03/17 12:17 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Homer   19/03/17 09:13 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Homer   18/03/17 08:37 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle gryphon   10/03/17 06:23 AM
. * * Re: Kimber Sub-alpine ---elk rifle Claydog   10/03/17 08:59 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4210

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com