Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mauser take down rifles barrel threading

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

dosenroller
.224 member

Reged: 15/01/17
Loc: PA
Mauser take down rifles barrel threading
      05/02/17 09:00 PM

Hello,

I always admiring Mauser take down rifles. Most often the barrel is simply threaded into the receiver and after operating a latch you can unthread the barrel. A lot of of those seem to utilize the standard Mauser barrel threading. I talked to a gunmaker years ago and he claimed that having the original threads has the disadvantage that the first shot after reassemble of the rifle will be off a few inches due to the fact that the barrel has to seat itself into the threading. He recommended a tapered fitting between the barrel and the receiver to eliminate that problem. I also seen pictures of Hartmann and Weiss take down rifles and they have a threaded connection. It seems though that the thread they using is different, more square than triangular.

Does anybody has experience with this and can give me more information?

Thank you very much

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mauser take down rifles barrel threading dosenroller 05/02/17 09:00 PM
. * * Re: Mauser take down rifles barrel threading Waidmannsheil   06/02/17 06:04 AM
. * * Re: Mauser take down rifles barrel threading justcurious   06/02/17 09:44 PM
. * * Re: Mauser take down rifles barrel threading dosenroller   06/02/17 09:48 PM
. * * Re: Mauser take down rifles barrel threading Waidmannsheil   08/02/17 09:22 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2053

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com