Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Gunmaker Aaron Little

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

relics6165
.224 member

Reged: 15/12/12
Loc: USA
Re: Gunmaker Aaron Little
      14/01/17 12:45 PM

When I first became interested in early custom 1903 Springfields, and became acquainted with the late Michael Petrov and his wonderful books, I began inquiring as to who could do the quality of restoration work that was demanded by some of these fine rifles. I'm not talking about the regular hack job Bubbaed 1903 Springfield Sporters that are a dime a dozen, but Griffin & Howe, Hoffman, RG Owen, Barney Worthen, and other custom gunmakers that turned out works of art before WW2. At the time John Wills did much of Michael's restoration work, but he had recently passed away. Michael's remark to me was "When you find the guy, let me know."

At the time Aaron lived right down the road from me (well, 125 miles right down the road) and I took a chance on him to see if he was up to doing the kind of work I was looking for. The first two rifles I took to him were numbers two and four in his bound book. I was quite pleased with his work, and just today he sent me photos of the stunning RG Owen 1903 he is working on for me. Guys, cell phone photos of his work will take your breath away, much less seeing it in person........

I was describing Aaron to a friend of mine needing some specialized work like Aaron does so well thusly: He is a young guy doing the work of a 60 year old guy. He understands rust blue, double rifles, color case hardening, Rigby, Purdy, H&H, engraving, and regulating (in no particular order). What else is there?

I don't toot anybody's horn very often, but:

Michael:

I found the guy we were looking for............................

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Gunmaker Aaron Little WWGreener 26/09/16 10:44 PM
. * * Re: Gunmaker Aaron Little crshelton   29/09/16 04:09 AM
. * * Re: Gunmaker Aaron Little Well_Well_Well   29/09/16 08:59 PM
. * * Re: Gunmaker Aaron Little crshelton   07/10/16 11:24 PM
. * * Re: Gunmaker Aaron Little buckstix   10/01/17 02:05 PM
. * * Re: Gunmaker Aaron Little relics6165   14/01/17 12:45 PM
. * * Re: Gunmaker Aaron Little Aaron_Little   14/01/17 01:51 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3260

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com