Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz
      26/09/16 11:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Postman

Curious what calibers you are shooting in your Blasers?? I picked one up last year and have not shot it yet. However have a hunt booked in January and thinking of ordering a 375H&H barrel for it from Euro-optic.. It come with a 300 W Mag barrel and Zeiss scope with quick detach mounts..figure if I got a .375 barrel I could travel the world with that combo ..

Ripp

Hi Ripp:

K95 = .270 Winchester
R93 = .300 Win Mag + .375 H&H bbl
R8 = 9.3x62

All three are accurate to a point that most wouldn't believe me unless they saw it with their own eyes.

The K95 is really wonderful and is my favorite Blaser and it is a keeper.

The R93 suffered from the occasional "click" when it's supposed to go bang like so many other R93s are reported to suffer from if one researches around in the Internet but it is slender and has the magical feel of the K95 albeit slightly heavier.

The R8 was also rediculously accurate but it wouldn't digest anything but factory ammo. It took a piece of firewood to hammer the bolt closed with reloads no matter what trickery i applied drawing from my fairly considerable bag of reloading tricks.(not trying to brag - just been at it a long time). The R8 had a heavier almost blocky feel in comparison to the R93.

I no longer own the R93 nor the R8. They were both incredibly accurate but I sent them on down the road given their issues that I just could no longer tolerate. Pity, because I really like the concept, and I absolutely loved the feel of the R93. Had it behaved differently, it would have most surely have become one of my most cherished rifles,

I do pray that your experience with yours is more positive than mine. If it proves out to be reliable for you, it would make one of the finest safari rifles out there. They break down beautifully for travel and the accuracy, oh my, the accuracy is truly astounding!!

All the best,

Postman

P.s. What country are you booked to hunt come January?

When I was in Spain last December the place I hunted with had 2 R8's both in 300W Mag with Zeiss optics...so that is what I used the entire time there...really like it..so plan to give it a whirl and if they don't work out, it will be down the road for me as well..but yes agree, think for traveling the package is pretty hard to beat...

My wife even used the same rifle and shot several animals there with it..which was a bigger caliber than she had ever shot before..and she weighs about 110lbs..so was worried about recoil...didn't bother her in the least...

I know some don't like the cocking mechanism, which I don't understand..I found it very reliable and simple to use..must be my German heritage...

I am headed to Cameron ...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Postman 25/09/16 02:20 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Rule303   25/09/16 08:13 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Wayne59   25/09/16 09:58 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz DarylS   26/09/16 02:48 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Ripp   26/09/16 04:38 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Ripp   26/09/16 04:43 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Postman   26/09/16 09:03 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz mchughcb   26/09/16 11:09 PM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Ripp   26/09/16 11:03 PM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz Postman   26/09/16 11:40 PM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz mchughcb   27/09/16 07:29 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz OT3   21/11/16 12:10 PM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz cordite   28/11/16 04:32 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz lonewulf   28/11/16 07:37 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz gryphon   25/09/16 05:42 AM
. * * Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz szihn   25/09/16 08:06 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1907

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com