Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

mstarling
.224 member

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: West Virginia, USA
Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio
      31/03/05 06:08 AM

Guys,

A comment on Butch Searcy's customer care.

A couple of years ago I bought one of his field grade guns ... used. Was all I could afford. Gun was in great shape. I sent Butch a note asking for loading information which he sent when I supplied a serial number. It is insanely accurate shooting a lot better than I can see ... 2" or so at 100 yards with open sights. But the trigger pulls were different. I didn't think too much about it save that I'd use the back trigger first because it was a bit light.

Decided to measure it when there was a discussion of potential doubling on this board and/or on the AccurateReloading.com boad. The front trigger measured a crisp 4 pounds. The rear trigger measured a crisp ... whoawwwww ... 1 1/2 pounds. (Please note that even with the 1 1/2 pound trigger I NEVER experienced a double ignition.)

Sent a note to Butch asking the cost of repair and delay to return. He simply said something to the effect of ... "send it on ... no charge." The rifle left my door on Tuesday of last week. When I checked to see if it had arrived, I got a note that it had already been shipped from his shop back to me on Tuesday of this week. The tracking info is that it will be here on Monday.

That is simply AMAZING service and makes me awfully happy that I decided to buy the rifle. If (or when) I can afford to buy another, there is no question in my mind who I will buy it from!!!

mike starling
(A very happy Searcy customer!)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information FourTails 30/03/05 07:57 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information clark7781   31/03/05 03:48 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio mstarling   31/03/05 06:08 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio clark7781   31/03/05 06:33 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information Chasseur   30/03/05 08:21 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio new_guy   30/03/05 08:25 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 225 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2306

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com