Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations.
      13/07/16 04:13 PM

Quote:

The norm is tweed breaks, long woolen socks and climbing/walking boots. For above the waist, any breathable jacket in camo is fine. Assume you will get wet feet, so carry spare socks to change if you have any distance to travel st the end of the day.

Make sure your plus two/fours have long legs, or during the crawling, that goes with the territory, you will find your socks have parted company with your breaks. Also, tied garter are best, as they will anchor your trouser to socks without stopping your circulation!

Enjoy but expect it to rain on the hour, every hour😊

May I ask where exactly you will be stalking?

Good traditional attire in your answer. But I am thinking it is not "required" nowadays ie the tweed and breeks?

I know some traditional "shoots" still expect the traditional attire, neck tie included. Especially if one expects or hopes to ever be invited back! But isn't that becoming rarer nowadays ie the expectation of traditional dress? I think your mention of a "camo jacket" being fine answers that one.

I know what I would take. And it isn't traditional. If cold enough, a base layer of NZ Icebreaker long underrwear in super fine wool. Then a layer of polarfleece green long sleeved shirt on top. A green or brown polarfleece jumper or zip up jacket. And finally on top my Beretta Coat with waterproof lining. For trousers my Beretta hunting pants. I assume they are three layer and stay dry underneath. Way too heavy for any hunting I have done in Australia. Leather waterproof hunting boots. Heavy wool socks. My feet have stayed dry in these unless I step in a puddle above the top of the boot. Good idea on spare socks though. On my head probably a polarfleece soft cap.

I think all of the above would be too hot for stalking and walking up mountains and hillsides. If so, eject a layer. If it is too much, the polarfleece jacket could go. But as one knows, One gets hot and sweaty walking and climbing. When one stops, if it is cold enough, the sweat quickly cools and chills set in. Then a layer in a backpack becomes handy again.

I have never tried using the knee high breeks. Kiwis used to love their shorts even in very cold weather. I guess they make it easier to walk up hillsides without heavy trousers in the way. And mean the pants legs don't get wet from the tussocks.

Interesting how much it rains in Scotland.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. Gundog01 12/07/16 12:11 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. NitroXAdministrator   12/07/16 03:56 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. Rigby270   12/07/16 11:43 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. NitroXAdministrator   13/07/16 04:13 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. Chasseur   19/07/16 09:55 AM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. gryphon   19/07/16 12:54 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. DarylS   19/07/16 02:50 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. eagle27   19/07/16 04:23 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. tophet1   19/07/16 09:04 PM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. simonsaorsa   17/08/16 03:09 AM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. Waidmannsheil   17/08/16 06:27 AM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. granhaven   18/08/16 12:45 AM
. * * Re: Hunting clothes for Scotland recomendations. gryphon   13/07/16 05:23 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5930

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com