Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
Re: Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok?
      04/06/16 11:16 AM

I can tell you, I have done more and faster than that at some double rifle shoots.
I never thought it to be a problem but the barrels do get pretty darn hot - too hot to wrap your hand around, that's for sure.
Normally, doubles are heated to high temps when regulating and I don't know if they are allowed to completely cool between pairs. The heat to melt the solder is way higher than rapid shooting will produce so my bet is that it's just fine.

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok? Nojden 04/06/16 08:37 AM
. * * Re: Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok? Well_Well_Well   04/06/16 06:40 PM
. * * Re: Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok? Nojden   04/06/16 06:50 PM
. * * Re: Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok? Huvius   04/06/16 11:16 AM
. * * Re: Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok? NitroXAdministrator   04/06/16 03:34 PM
. * * Re: Practice shooting many rounds with a double - is it ok? Rockdoc   04/06/16 11:15 AM

Extra information
3 registered and 202 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1591

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com