Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Three down quick with the 10 bore

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Grenadier
.375 member

Reged: 20/02/08
Loc: North of the Columbia, USA
Three down quick with the 10 bore
      01/04/16 06:24 PM

I decided to take the 1887 Hammond & Hammond 10 bore on my morning constitutional today - "Just in case". Well, as luck would have it I happened on a very large herd that was getting a jump on the annual migration. Pow, Pow, snick, reload, reload, snap, click, click, then pow again and it was over. I had a triple!

All three are very good representative trophies and just a few points shy of entry in Rowland Ward's book. I plan to send the original of the enclosed photograph to Safari Club International with a check for $3829.17 to get letterhead paper with a round gold sticker on it to make the kills official. But I must say, the gun deserves the credit far more than I.

Three of the dead blighters was more than I could handle alone. So, I called for assistance in recovering the beasts. With my team's help we had the capes off and ready to send out for shoulder mounts in no time. I would have liked to have ordered full body taxidermy, the serious pose with bared teeth and extended claws, but we just don't have enough room in the caravan, what with the watering hole panorama and all.

I am also proud to report that no meat went to waste. The instant of the first report, the entire village was on its way to my location. With dozens of natives swinging machetes they made short work of the butchering and only a few people received any sort of serious injury. Spirits were high. Everyone was chewing on a piece or two and smiling the whole time. It was quite the happy sight, indeed.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Three down quick with the 10 bore Grenadier 01/04/16 06:24 PM
. * * Re: Three down quick with the 10 bore Iowa_303s   02/04/16 12:10 AM
. * * Re: Three down quick with the 10 bore DarylS   02/04/16 04:45 AM
. * * Re: Three down quick with the 10 bore lancaster   03/04/16 02:31 AM
. * * Re: Three down quick with the 10 bore NitroXAdministrator   03/04/16 10:56 PM
. * * Re: Three down quick with the 10 bore Grenadier   03/04/16 11:42 PM
. * * Re: Three down quick with the 10 bore NitroXAdministrator   04/04/16 12:29 AM
. * * Re: Three down quick with the 10 bore Kano   21/04/16 05:21 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2715

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com