Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 9.3x72R on GunBroker - Steer Clear!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

brandoninaz
.224 member

Reged: 22/02/10
Loc: SC
9.3x72R on GunBroker - Steer Clear!
      13/02/16 05:25 PM

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=539968346

I recently purchased, and subsequently returned the rifle listed here after realizing it was a beautiful mess.

The gun has apparently been hot blued, and the remaining solder is in poor shape. The ribs will need to be re laid, and the barrels will likely need to be regulated again once the wedge is resoldered into place. Barrels are off face, and the gun has been rechambered from a short 9.3 round, without fully cleaning up the rifling (rifling remains in the neck area).

It's obvious in the pictures that the gun had been refinished, but I purchased it, hoping it had been done properly. After pointing out these issues to the store owner, he stated he would no longer attempt to sell the rifle for its owner after I had returned it. As you can see, it has not only been relisted, but no longer has a return policy available. He appears to be trying to kick the can down the road to the next owner. I explained the rifle's shortcomings in detail to this buyer, so he cannot claim he is unaware of its condition.

It's really too bad about the rifle. The metal and wood were nice, but some enterprising gunsmith messed up the package. There was also a fair bit of rust that could be seen under the ribs through the gaps in the solder. If I had the time and ability, I would have loved to have fixed it up myself. The rifle was light and graceful.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 9.3x72R on GunBroker - Steer Clear! brandoninaz 13/02/16 05:25 PM
. * * Re: 9.3x72R on GunBroker - Steer Clear! brandoninaz   13/02/16 05:49 PM
. * * Re: 9.3x72R on GunBroker - Steer Clear! DarylS   14/02/16 05:25 AM
. * * Re: 9.3x72R on GunBroker - Steer Clear! brandoninaz   14/02/16 05:41 AM
. * * Re: 9.3x72R on GunBroker - Steer Clear! AkMike   14/02/16 04:39 PM

Extra information
3 registered and 132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3396

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com