Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

rpeck

Reged: 06/12/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed
      20/01/16 09:35 AM

"you don't need to be a college professor to see the tragedy and missed opportunity..."

...funny...I am a college professor...and the only tragedy I recognize is that no one in Canada seems to want to buy it for $300 (Canadian) dollars..and by the way, a Canadian dollar is rapidly becoming a peso.

I have no idea how to get guns into the USA. I used to know....but that was before 9/11 and all the subsequent restrictions. Did you know that now a Canadian can't even buy a hunting scope from the USA, not even from a private individual? But I can buy them from China!!?? I also can't order more than $100. worth of gun parts from Brownells without the hassle of applying for and (maybe) getting a US government export permit. These are all because of American laws, not Canadian ones.

However, I can ship any gun part to the US except for the actual receiver. So I can sell you guys the Lee-Speed stock and the bolt parts and trigger, etc...without any hassle.

I know I can send any antique gun to the USA. I sold a nice old Boer Mauser with a carved stock to a fellow in Illinois last year. No hassle...just put it in a box and send it in the mail, with a customs decaration stating it was an "antique arm". But what the US considers an antique and what the Canadian government considers an antique are totally different...many more guns are considered antique in the US. If this rifle was an official US antique then I could ship it to the US with no paperwork, but it probably isn't...not sure though. Anyone know?

Since no one has replied to my "parting out" ads, I doubt that will happen anyway.

..."what a platform for a first class build"...no thanks...been there, done that.

Hunt with it? Nope. I've got approx. 20 other rifles that I'd rather use, thanks.

I'll probably just give it to my son back home out in Alberta where there are a lot more gun shows than around here on the east coast. He usually has a table at the better shows. Maybe he can peddle it for me.

Edited by rpeck (20/01/16 09:38 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Parting out LSA Lee-Speed rpeck 15/01/16 04:50 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed TexasJohn   18/01/16 01:12 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed 50Calshtr   18/01/16 01:45 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed rpeck   20/01/16 09:35 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed ducmarc   21/01/16 12:31 PM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed Sarg   21/01/16 03:34 PM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed Bidgee   21/01/16 06:14 PM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed rpeck   25/01/16 03:40 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed Iowa_303s   25/01/16 03:53 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed ducmarc   28/01/16 11:45 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed rpeck   29/01/16 11:03 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed Roy   29/01/16 11:43 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed rpeck   20/02/16 12:45 AM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed ducmarc   20/02/16 01:57 PM
. * * Re: Parting out LSA Lee-Speed ducmarc   13/03/16 04:25 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4161

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com