Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Meopta Meosight III experience?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

dracb
.300 member

Reged: 28/02/13
Loc: British Columbia
Re: Meopta Meosight III experience?
      25/12/15 09:22 AM

I have been trying out sights of this type(not a MeoSight III) on a combination gun I use for predator hunting. It is fast when using the shot gun on running targets. For hunting bobcats and coyote size (and larger) beasties out to say 50-75 yards it probably works ok (if one can ever get away from not being able to see the exact aiming point with precision when the trigger breaks). My eyes do not seem to see the nice round dots that other people report seeing while using these sights. What I see is blob made up of many radiating red coloured spines. In practice putting the blob behind the shoulder of the cat or coyote provides all the accuracy one really needs in most cases. It is just not the crisp in focus sight picture one is used to with conventional optics. I want to try the Delta Point to see if that is any better for my eyes.

One of the web sites that reviews gun gear commented that when using the SCAR 17S semi-auto as a test bed that the recoil cycle caused the dot on the MeoSight III to turn off and then back on with each shot. The author suggested this was due to the slide out battery tray on the Meosight having loose enough tolerances to allow easy replacement of the battery. I guess there are people out there with reflexes fast enough to be hampered by the dot blinking off between shots. I certainly am not one of those, but I would worry that this is an unusual wear point and that the wear might be exacerbated by the considerable recoil of a real BIG game rifle.

--------------------
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Meopta Meosight III experience? Homer 24/12/15 02:46 PM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? aromakr   25/12/15 02:21 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? Homer   25/12/15 08:04 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? dracb   25/12/15 09:22 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? DarylS   25/12/15 09:33 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? aromakr   25/12/15 10:25 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? dracb   26/12/15 07:57 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? Rule303   26/12/15 11:56 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? Homer   02/01/16 06:58 AM
. * * Re: Meopta Meosight III experience? Itkid   25/01/16 09:57 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2663

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com