Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bear might be put down after hiker killed

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed
      13/08/15 12:54 AM

Just a note to think about
I live on one of the major routs to Yellowstone. I have been there and I have hunted around the borders of the park many times. There are a LOT of bears and a lot of wolves too.
Yellowstone National Park is a lot bigger than most people realize. 3,468 square miles. It's about 2-1/2 times bigger then the whole state of Rhode Island. It's larger than the state of Delaware. Over 3 million people visit it every summer. So when you understand that it is as big as some states, and has a summer time population of that size you are not surprised to learn that many people die there every year. More just "go missing".

So keep in mind that when the papers say that X many people have been killed by Grizzlies since 2000, what that really means is that US Fish and Wildlife and US Parks Service have 100% proof that X many were killed by Grizzlies. Those that probably were killed are never mentioned, but many dozens more may be "gone" and we'd never hear a word about them. It's bad for the economy of the park, and the authorities that be do not want people being armed even though it's 100% lawful to carry firearms in the park.
The US Government is mostly dedicated to discouraging armed citizens these days and they try to keep the actual laws under wraps as much as they can, but it is legal to carry in the park.
Bears and wolf packs are not anything to play down. I have lived here many years. I have personally never had a problem with a grizzly, but I have have has a horse badly mauled by wolves. I do not let my guard down. I NEVER go out there without at least a powerful handgun (454 Casull) and most times I carry a rifle too.
Paranoid?
No, I don't think so.
I have fire extinguishers in my home and I wear a seat belt when I drive. That doesn't mean I intend on burning my house or crashing my truck. But I realize that such things can and do happen to people, and I am "a people" so I take precautions as much as I can. That is only sensible. People without common sense will say different, but they speak out of ignorance and are often brain washed by the "facts" given to them by the mass-media which is strongly influenced by the financial and political interests of government.

Edited by szihn (13/08/15 12:56 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Bear might be put down after hiker killed lancaster 09/08/15 05:28 PM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed DarylS   10/08/15 02:09 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Ripp   11/08/15 01:19 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed lancaster   11/08/15 01:34 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Ripp   11/08/15 05:19 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Ripp   11/08/15 05:33 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Rule303   11/08/15 08:44 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Ripp   11/08/15 11:44 PM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Ripp   13/08/15 12:15 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed szihn   13/08/15 12:54 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Ripp   13/08/15 08:09 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Cazadero   13/08/15 11:28 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed Ripp   13/08/15 11:00 PM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed DarylS   11/08/15 09:34 AM
. * * Re: Bear might be put down after hiker killed DarylS   11/08/15 02:04 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3302

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com