Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Lord Derby Eland?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: Lord Derby Eland?
      04/07/15 12:55 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the words about Guav, it's always nice to get an endorsement of the PH you are going to use.

I thought all Eland where a little soft for there size, well hit and they are a pushover, but poorly hit and they light a chuck for Texas.

Larcher have you taken a Lord derby eland and if so what with?

I am very pleased that ozhunter recommand this PH, now You're on secure tracks.
Regards to DERBY eland : The South African is tough and bullet placement is paramount. ABSOLUTELY NOT SO with the Derby. I shot one at 120m too far back in the paunch because of to much foliage impeding the shot. The eland flew slowly trotting, which allowed me to punch it twice again in the paunch and my PH (Herve Houdebine, PH of Mayo Oldiri too) finished him a couple of seconds later with a solid in the neck. At this camp I also saw 2 other elands, ill shot (paunch and leg), that were collected without any trouble. Our PHs in CAR (Houdebine and Oumar) were 100% affirmative that a Derby eland when hit is finished. That's the only game in their opinion that can be ALWAYS retrieved and easily at that. Conclusion, the rifle and calibre options are numerous. The 9.3 is OK. Don't forget that one rarely shoot beyond 100m in the bush.

Recommandations AFRICAMSAFARIS CAMEROON

Si vous avez l’intention de chasser qu’aux antilopes, vous pouvez opter pour n’importe quelle arme : 300 Magnum (.300 WM, .300 WSM, .300 RUM etc.), .338 (par exemple, 338 WM ou analogue) ou 375 calibres (.375 H&H Magnum etc.).

Si vous voulez chasser a roan et a kob nous recommandons le calibre.375 H&H Magnum minimum.

Pour la chasse aux animaux comme le buffle, l’hippopotame, l’eland, le lion etc. nous recommandons le calibre minimal de 416.

Pour la chasse a l’elephant nous recommandons le calibre 458 WM minimum.

Les munitions. Pour la chasse aux antilopes vous aurez besoin d’au moins de 40 balles a pointe souple( 40 soft bullets) (nous recommandons les balles avec une expansivite controlee soft, comme Barnes-X, Oryx, Swift-A-Frame, EVO etc.).

Pour la chasse aux animaux comme le buffle, l’hippopotame et l’eland il faut prendre au moins 20 balles a pointe souple (20 soft bullets).
Pour la chasse a l’elephant vous aurez besoin d’au moins de 20 balles de type Barnes Solid.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Edited by larcher (04/07/15 01:19 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Lord Derby Eland? Rell 02/06/15 09:42 AM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? larcher   07/06/15 06:20 PM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? Rell   20/06/15 08:17 AM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? larcher   24/06/15 05:11 AM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? NitroXAdministrator   01/07/15 02:26 AM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? ozhunter   02/07/15 08:32 AM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? Rell   02/07/15 09:01 AM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? larcher   04/07/15 12:55 AM
. * * Re: Lord Derby Eland? ozhunter   02/07/15 11:21 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2332

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com