Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Kreigoff Doubles

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Kreigoff Doubles
      08/01/15 01:37 PM

When the K-rifles first came to the USA, we saw them at the DSC convention, where the importer had a booth. The two guys manning the booth had only a rudimentary understanding of how the rifle’s lock system worked, and we had less idea of how it worked. The only thing they knew was it was safe to carry loaded and had to be cocked with what is normally called a safety button. Beyond that they had no idea about anything else about the rifle other than it was priced at just under $10K USD.

This was not the booth guys fault. They simply had not been told exactly how the rifle’s locks worked. However this led most to fear this thing as an accident just waiting to happen. Add to that the first examples handled like a fence post, most did not like the palm swell pistol grip. People who are old time double rifle users are naturally leery of a rifle that is a vast departure from the long accepted way a double rifle works.

I must say our opinions were all wet on this rifle! We all assumed the rifle had to be re-cocked after every opening of the action after a re-load. Not a system I’d want in a close fight with a lion! That is not the case as the K-rifle, once cocked, shot, opened and reloaded the rifle re-cocks it’s self on opening just like most hammerless double rifles and is ready to fire as soon as closed.

Contrary to what some think, it does not have the same system as the Blaser S-2. The Blaser S-2 does have to be re-cocked if opened for any reason.

It took a while but most today have found the value in the system in the K-rifle, and
most today find the K-rifle a very safe rifle, and well made, and not the buggy-man it was first assumed to be.

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Kreigoff Doubles gunbug 03/01/15 02:52 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles Cazadero   25/06/15 12:35 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles GG375   03/01/15 04:54 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles 93mouse   03/01/15 10:30 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles NitroXAdministrator   03/01/15 11:07 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles 93mouse   03/01/15 11:38 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles NitroXAdministrator   03/01/15 05:00 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles 93mouse   03/01/15 07:01 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles Mike_Bailey   03/01/15 08:06 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles 93mouse   03/01/15 10:22 PM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles Yochanan   04/01/15 05:46 AM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles nitro450exp   05/01/15 11:52 AM
. * * Re: Kreigoff Doubles DUGABOY1   08/01/15 01:37 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6012

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com