Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Help desk - IT tips, queries & info

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc
      09/10/14 10:05 PM

You've probably considered this but ...

Have you tried wi-fi aerials? Some wi-fi units can have an aerial plugged into them. These improve reception a lot. If your house has a tower aerial, to get TV reception in a difficult location, perhaps such an aerial could be located on the tower. You would need an expert to advise you, as I don't know the limitations of how long cables etc can be.

Can you get TV?

If you still need to drive to another location, rigging an aerial such as this to your vehicle will also help speeds. Also being able to power the laptop from your vehicle from the 12v power using an inverter or something like that would be a good idea. Many modern laptops are not that transportable and battery time can be quite low, ie as low as an hour to ninety minutes. A deep cell battery too is good.

Unusual not to be able to get satellite either. I imagine you are in a valley and the surrounding hills are causing the problems. Or distance to mobile network towers. Or both. But I would have thought satellite access is now pretty possible anywhere in Aust? What is the problem with it?

It must be a pain not to get the internet for you. I know how you like to read all the internet news services as well. Good luck mate.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc gryphon 09/10/14 09:37 AM
. * * Re: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc NitroXAdministrator   09/10/14 09:56 PM
. * * Re: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc NitroXAdministrator   09/10/14 10:05 PM
. * * Re: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc NitroXAdministrator   09/10/14 10:24 PM
. * * Re: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc gryphon   10/10/14 09:36 AM
. * * Re: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc NitroXAdministrator   10/10/14 06:43 PM
. * * Re: Laptop ideas/wanted to buy etc NitroXAdministrator   26/10/14 09:52 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2325

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com